Got a Fisher F4 - I likes it lots but a couple things HELP!

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a Fisher F4 - I like's it lots but a couple things HELP!

Seems like a nice machine. ID's very well, comfortable, tone ID is pretty much spot on but a couple questions - I heard some of these were recalled and I'd like to know why. I can't seem to ground balance it too well. The instructions claim that when in all metal mode "Use the Sensitivity or Threshold controls to change the sensitivity or
background hum. Maximum sensitivity to buried metal objects is
achieved with a slightly audible background hum."
I cannot seem to acheive a slight background hum. It's either a loud threshold or no threshold and I get a jittery threshold tone that (I can only describe it as) like someone sending morse code. :) It says the "discrimination/threshold adjustment is for fine tuning the threshold", it doesn't seem to make any difference in the intensity of the threshold tone.

Also, have you F4 users experienced a lot of one-way high tones suggesting coin and can't repeat it? Are these typically signals to pass on?

I can't really explain it all, I'm a little tired but please email me with your experience and input on the Fisher F4.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
Re: Got a Fisher F4 - I like's it lots but a couple things HELP!

i thought i responded to you post last night, didnt know you could adj the threshold in all metal, like i said never looked at the manual, did you hit the park, and find any coins, how about the gb, i thought it was pretty easy, but kind of a coarse adjustment

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions