Im looking for permission slip to hunt property

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm sure someone will chime in with a permission slip template, as several types/wordings have been posted on the forum over the years. But I want to precede that by advising you to be careful of permission slips in general, unless the property owner themselves has said they want something in writing. Reason is: If you show up at a perfect stranger's doorstep with a paper for them to sign, you're going to get poor response. Better to just talk casual, under the auspices of "historical research" (or whatever) interest, and was wondering if you could walk around, for purposes of an "article you are writing" etc... (afterall, you'll post the results on T'net, right? haha).

Like I said, this pyschology is only for if this is just casual. If you've got a specific cache, or specifically a person asking for something in writing, only then is written agreements, signatures, insurance, blah blah blah, merited.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Gentlemen's Agreement is always best.
a Handsake is just as legal as a Contract signed
without Legal Eagles Present. and more
likely to be honored.

It shows trust.

a person trying to get someones signature can appear underhanded,
or at least suspicious.

(Example: Do you expect to find something Valuable
on my property, your afraid I'll take or sue you over ?.
If I sign that, am I liable for your accidents ?
are you going to add small print & Sue me later ?
this isn't a Legal document)

as Tom said, only if the landowner says something first.

at most if he/she says yes,
take out a note pad and wright down his/her name.;

saying "Just in case someone Confronts Me" :P

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I'm with the other guys for most hunting situations.

In Georgia, by law, you really have to carry written permission on your person while you are hunting or you could get a ticket. In most cases, this is never enforced, but in certain areas like the unprotected lands around Civil War camps and battles or other historical areas, the Georgia Dept of Natural Resources has been actively enforcing this law and gotten convictions.

Here is a link to a form I made up for our club. One is in a WORD format that you could change to meet your needs.
http://www.underdirt.com/NEW_SMTH/html/memberaccess.html

Best of luck.
Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions