Coin Operated Newspaper Boxes.

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure some of you people have tried your luck MDing around the ground were they put up coin operated Newspaper boxes. Maybe this will help some newbies to the hobby.
Yesterday I stopped at one and found a jack pot. Pic enclosed ( 7 quarters, 10 dimes and 15 pennies)
Today 7/23 I went out for about an hour and hit 3 paper boxes found ( 4 quarters 10 dimes and 13 pennies) I use my 4" coil plus my Virbra pin pointer sure comes in handy as you are working in a close section of ground. As long as you do not mind getting looks from passing cars LOL. Heck at 67 who cares who looks at me. Its all clad coins but its still fun to find that many coins in one small section of ground.
Just ordered a Ace 250 plus I ordered the 4.5 " coil also. The last 6 yrs I have been using my good old Bounty Hunter. Still love it, but wanted to try the Ace 250 , as I heard some good things about it.

Attachments

• July 22 coins.JPG
    July 22 coins.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 187

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I hadn't thought of MD'ing in a spot like that. All the newspaper boxes I know of are on concrete. :'(

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Fountains with coins in them are really good too, or where there used to be fountains. Tho I did find 99% pennies by the one near me.

Never thought of newspaper vendors, good idea. Soda machines at the park are probably really good too.

*makes a mental note*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread