Air Test Question

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Just a general question here from a newbie. Do you typically get less depth or more depth on an air test then say a coin that is in say "normal' soil conditions. If my machine can get a quarter at 8 inches on air test on a quarter can I expect more or less in the ground and approximately how many inches. Thanks

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are far too many technical aspects involved with your question. For instance, the way you have your machine's sensitivity and discriminate circuits set. The type of ground you're searching. Your machine's manufacturer and your particular machine's circuit stability, etc.

Generally speaking, you'll get better detection distance in an air test as compared to an "in the ground" test plot or even laying the target on top of the ground.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen a white's 5900 air test four too four and a half feet on a four by eight sheet of steel ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions