DESPERATE!! PLEASE HELP! LOOK THIS SECOND!

chadbrame

Jul 7, 2008
ok sry for cps tital, but ma dads gonna order ma new metal detecter in bout 15 mins and i need 2 now what 2 get

i have 2 choises

i have about £140 to spend

should i get... ace 250 for £140 and use sum rubbish little plastic garden trowel ma mums had for bout 10 years and no headphones

or ace 150 for £100, a decent trowel, decent headphones and £30 for/towards a micro metal detecter??

pleaed help me guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
get the 250. some dealers will give you a digger and headphones as part of the package. They are sufficient till you can afford good ones.

OP
OP
chadbrame

chadbrame

Jul 7, 2008
nah it wos just the ace 250 by itself

and it was £140 full stop nuting else

sory lol i ordered the 150, ill be able 2 buy a metal trowel, headphones and another bout £25 worth of accesories

if i got the 250, it'll just be that and a plastic garden trowel

thanks for advice anyhu

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
You should've gotten the 250...........seriously. The only other thing you would've needed is a good trowel.........how hard can one of those be to get?

OP
OP
chadbrame

chadbrame

Jul 7, 2008
hmm maybe ur right O_o

r well it dun now

anyhu, i have like £40 2 spend on a few dates ;)

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
ace 250 for sure friend. i am still using the tuff old butcher knife i bought for a buck u s twenty for years ago. you can get a set of cheap head phones and buy new ones with your finds. it is not the fancy accessories but you ability to learn what a decent machine is telling you. i don't know the ace bought i saw a lot of good posts and finds with it. HH

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
You should have no problem cancelling the order on the 150 and and upgrading to the 250. Dealers like that!

Like others have already said, you'll find deals on headphones and a good
stout knife will work in the mean time.

Better to have a better detector than settle for less. Besides, if your ma doesn't get into the hobby, you can always
"borrow" it hehe.

Mike

OP
OP
chadbrame

chadbrame

Jul 7, 2008
im sticking with the 150

but im roling in like £20-100 from work a week which i like never spend

il stick wif the 150 for 6 months and if im still into MDind by the end of it ill sell the 150 and upgrade

ive seen 150s go fro like £70 used on ebay so ill only be looseing like £20

thanks guys :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the only difference the 250 has a PP mode? Don't see the big deal going with the 150.

Just leave the gold coin find to day 2 or 3. :wink:

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Iron Patch said:
Isn't the only difference the 250 has a PP mode? Don't see the big deal going with the 150.

Just leave the gold coin find to day 2 or 3. :wink:
Hey there Iron Patch.........
Most people who have never used an ACE 250 would not know this little detail..........but the Pin Pointer as I have mentioned in previous posts that I've written is 1/2 the machine. It is an invaluable tool. Firstly, you can quickly gather if you're dealing with a junk item or coin because the PP'er will be hesitant to engage. You'll hear a warbly sound as opposed to the smooth sound you'd hear on a coin. Also, running over the item (Scratching it), gives you a really good idea of its size and whether you have a coin target or something larger.
Another important feature of the PP'er is the ability to use it to determine if you have a trash item in the vicinity of your target......you'll hear them both in PP mode. And for those deeper 250 hits........you can confirm if there is something actually down there with the PP'er, as opposed to a falsing signal. Trust me when I tell you..........I've used this machine alot. You have 1/2 the machine the minute that PP'er is gone.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Why ask for advice and then not listen... ??? oh sorry I see you are 15.... :director:

Anytime you can get something a little better you should.... The digging trowel could gave waited and you could have used your "mums" until it broke....

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm...Since you have coke (unburnt coal) the ACE series can have some problems better would have been a detector that can ground balance out the minerals.
The Ace has preset ground balance meaning it has been adjusted for a certain "type/amount" of mineralization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread