How much is a pulltab worth?

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Noticing the price of aluminum was rising, i got curious how much an individual pulltab was worth.

A pulltab weighs roughly 0.017 ounces. Meaning there are around 941 per lb.

Aluminum scrap is going for around 0.88 cents per lb.

Some quick math tells us that each pulltab is worth 0.00093 cents.

Almost 1/10th of a cent!

Don't we all feel richer now? heh (Some of us might depending how many tabs they've dug ;D)

Oh, and how much would someone need to offer for scrap before 1 pulltab is worth 0.01 cent? $9.41 per lb.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lasivian said:
Noticing the price of aluminum was rising, i got curious how much an individual pulltab was worth.

A pulltab weighs roughly 0.017 ounces. Meaning there are around 941 per lb.

Aluminum scrap is going for around 0.88 cents per lb.

Some quick math tells us that each pulltab is worth 0.00093 cents.

Almost 1/10th of a cent!

Don't we all feel richer now? heh (Some of us might depending how many tabs they've dug ;D)

Oh, and how much would someone need to offer for scrap before 1 pulltab is worth 0.01 cent? $9.41 per lb.

wake me up whan Aluminum hits $100 a Pound :wink:
would be nice to consider each tab another Dime in my pocket.
it would add up quick.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
The Ronald McDonald House and the Shriners both started collecting pull tabs after people were donating them in false hopes that they were helping kidney dialisys in some way - which was false, but these two venues decided to collect them and turn them into recycling centers for the aluminum value to help their causes.

The aluminum recycling value is what they are worth - good job on the math there! :tongue3:

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
I keep all my pull tabs to.

They arent worth anything to us but most churches recieve about 2-3 cents apiece for them when they do certian monay drives. I dont get to church much (ever) but My fiance does and she takes them in when she goes.

Surfin

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
In my town there is a certain package store that will give you a free keg, for a gallon milk jug full of pull tabs. Those older pull tabs take up more room then the new ones. Cheers!

R

RUDY2003

According to my pull tab recovery rate, I'd say they are worth about 30% of my huntin' time.....

Keep safe...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, a pull tab goes up in value depending on how deep I had to dig to get it. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread