Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend the clad, save the silvers. You spent the time digging them up, don't feel guilty about spending them. That's one of the benfits of THing. Good luck HH
P.S. that's excluding any key dates of course.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
dimes and quarters 1964 & before are 90%silver
Halves 65-70 are 40% 64 and before are 90%
Nickles and pennies???????? I keep 60 and b4 But that is just me. HH Gayle

Is this thing on?

Jul 26, 2008
Personally, I am a hoarder of both precious metals and base metals. Aside from all silver, I also keep ALL pennies that date before 1982, as they are 95% copper. Right now, these coppers are worth about 2.5 cents a piece! With the demand of copper so high, and a diminishing supply, (And yes, it is diminishing), it is very much worth it to keep them.

On a side note, they produced both clad and copper pennies in 1982, so I stay away from that year, it is too murky. Anything before that, you're golden!

Chris

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
dirtyJohn said:
Spend the clad, save the silvers. You spent the time digging them up, don't feel guilty about spending them. That's one of the benfits of THing. Good luck HH

Convert the clads to silver. I have been doing that since 1988 and have almost $90,000 in silver....it's around $17.50 an ounce now. Back in 88 I was able with $20 in clads to buy 3 Silver eagles...when silver was $6 an ounce. Now that it is up, I can only get one. But that is every day that I go out.

The clads are worthless as an investment, just like paper money. Convert them to real property, silver and gold, and watch your wealth grow.

Here's hoping that silver goes to $50 an ounce and beyond !!!!!!!!

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
steve from ohio said:
dirtyJohn said:

Convert the clads to silver. I have been doing that since 1988 and have almost $90,000 in silver....it's around $17.50 an ounce now. Back in 88 I was able with $20 in clads to buy 3 Silver eagles...when silver was $6 an ounce. Now that it is up, I can only get one. But that is every day that I go out.

The clads are worthless as an investment, just like paper money. Convert them to real property, silver and gold, and watch your wealth grow.

Here's hoping that silver goes to $50 an ounce and beyond !!!!!!!!
This is exactly what I do with my clad. I buy silver and gold. Buy the real thing. It will always have value.
Dan

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Thats a good idea to just buy gold and silver with your clad... so far i'm still a newbie and have only found a billion nails and foil wrappers and only 1 dime and 3 new pennies. :-[

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hardly wash them off. I just drop them in the soda machine at work.

Some of the pennies I keep on the dash of the car for exact change at the drive up windows. I am not sure if they feel burned when they get pimply clad pennies but I get my $1 burger just the same.

Some of the quarters end up in the quarter drop at the club meetings. Always nice to support the club and my kids love to drop quarters in the jug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread