closed drive-ins

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a local drive-in here in my town that has been closed for about 5 years. Hunting was hard very trashy and way too much asphalt left. I did get up by the old playground of the drive -in and found a little clad but to tell ya the truth our drive in has a bad rep of druggies and violence in and around the old buildings. Did not stay long, neck got sore looking over my shoulder.

fccdfed

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Never had any luck. :(

But.... ;D
give it a try; you never know what.... ???

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted one in the spring once for a few hours using an Explorer. It was white rock and no find was deeper than 3".

Thankfully, with the explorer you can tell the different between silver and clad.

I finished the day with 24 silver dimes and about 50 wheats.

I just wish I had more of these places to hunt.

There was LOADS of trash, but all you have to do is train your ear to ignore them and you should be fine.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
bscofield6 said:
Thankfully, with the explorer you can tell the different between silver and clad.

Convert....convert.....convert..... those clads to silver. Been doing that for twenty years. Take those clads to the bank, get paper federal reserve debt notes for them and then buy Silver Eagles and other silver coins (real money).

Never sit on clads. Soon as you get enough to buy a Silver Eagle, do it. Silver has been going up and the clads are always going down in value. I have been converting clads to Silver Eagles at least 3 time a week.

I never pass up clads because I know they are the most common and they add up to quite a tidy sum over time. Every time I hit $20.00 in clads, I convert them to a Silver Eagle. Used to get three of them when silver was $6 an ounce back in 1988. Today It's like finding a silver dollar every day I'm out.

More money has been lost than is in circulation right now. Most of that is clad coins. Think of those clad coins as part of Silver Eagle and you will change your opinion about clads real fast.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve from ohio said:
bscofield6 said:

Convert....convert.....convert..... those clads to silver. Been doing that for twenty years. Take those clads to the bank, get paper federal reserve debt notes for them and then buy Silver Eagles and other silver coins (real money).

Never sit on clads. Soon as you get enough to buy a Silver Eagle, do it. Silver has been going up and the clads are always going down in value. I have been converting clads to Silver Eagles at least 3 time a week.

I never pass up clads because I know they are the most common and they add up to quite a tidy sum over time. Every time I hit $20.00 in clads, I convert them to a Silver Eagle. Used to get three of them when silver was $6 an ounce back in 1988. Today It's like finding a silver dollar every day I'm out.

More money has been lost than is in circulation right now. Most of that is clad coins. Think of those clad coins as part of Silver Eagle and you will change your opinion about clads real fast.

Other people can dig all of the clad they want. I have no desire to dig clad. It just slows me down and wastes my time. Fun for me is digging old silver. Fun is not digging up pennies.

T

The.Boomer

steve from ohio said:

Excellent Idea Steve Thanks :thumbsup:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you dig in hard gravel and asphalt?
Gosh, a pick axe or something...
And I don't see how folks could lose something on/thru asphalt.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I would suspect that there is a lot of trash. You would probably have to discriminate a lot of it out. Good luck with hunting the drive in movie theater that you want to! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread