yes or no? saw a HUGE pile of stuff that looks like a place was just cleaned out

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
while driving home from my brother in laws -- I saw a house with lots of good looks stuff clearly set out to be hauled off by the street several "interesting items" --a decent sized tv--- several decent bits of furniture --- looks like whoever did it didn't cherry pick at all just "dumped it all " to the curb --to plunder or not to plunder? ;D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: yes or no? saw a HUGE pile of stuff that looks like a place was just cleaned

Why are you even here?!?! I would've stopped as soon as I saw it!

Get out of here! :):):)

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
wife was in the car (and did not want "junk" stuff in the "good" car -- plus I need a my old pick up- to do a proper job looting the pile :wink: time for a night op I think. Ivan

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: yes or no? saw a HUGE pile of stuff that looks like a place was just cleaned

You never know until you stop. Ask the folks that they film on "Antiques Roadshow"!
CurbdiggerCarl

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Maybe they were evicted and the Sheriff placed their belongings out on the curb? I've had to do a few evictions, it's never pretty.. Very sad.

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro

I think that there are more people being evicted from their homes and their apartments now. This economy is pretty bad, I see a lot of places here being cleaned out. There's a lot of foreclosures, and you only get a minimal amount of time to get out. :-\ HH M.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well the furniture was older and ratty the tv's backside was busted --- but on the up side there was a old chest of drawers that drawers were "swolen shut" -- with a bit of help from a rather large screw driver the "loot" was mine -- a working fishing real , a 22 rifle scope , a brand new looking 3 feet chunk of light duty chain , a still in the box set of cup hooks , a rather nice antique looking bronze letter basket -- it was clear the spot had been hit before me --and in the heap I saw a sign that said "yard sale" ---so I have to wonder what goodies were in the easy to open drawers that some else hit earlier. ---- Ivan

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Sounds like you did great for one drawer. I always check out curb piles...drives my wife nuts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions