Payette Id.
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
You can break it down and carry it on in a small hard case or soft type bag (20" or less in length). Detector, batteries, charger, pinpointer are OK to take in the carrying, just make sure to put all the pointy metal things: digger or trowel, push probe, shovel into check in luggage.

Take out the batteries but have them available in the bag in case they want to see it work.

Clean everything well before you pack it at both ends of the trip. Sometimes grass has been freshly fertilized and can leave traces of nitrogen on the equipment and this could get you in trouble.

I flew at the end of June with mine as a carry on. It was no problem leaving Atlanta but coming home they took everything out of the bag, wiped it down looking for something. So make sure to allow a little extra time in security.

Also check with your airline as to how many carry on bags you can have as some have recently changed the number or size.

Have a great flight!

Jeff

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORPEDOX said:
I'm Planning a trip across country and am hoping to take my MXT. any advice about getting it on the plane? Of course I would prefer having it as a carry on rather than checking it, (not that the airlines hire gorillas for the baggage dept. or anything) Thanks in advance. TorpedoX. :thumbsup:
hope you have a good time lord knows you deserve it. the Wardens husband :thumbsup:

midnightcaller

Apr 13, 2005
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
I have taken mine plenty of times and I have never had a promlem with it I put everything in my check bag. I think TSA open my bag once to see what it was.. my bag was re packed better than what I do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread