Red Goose shoe tag.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
I went to NC this past weekend. While I was there I went down to a park that I remember we all held our family reunions there when I was only about 5 or 6. People fish in the lake there and there is a small amount of play ground equipment scattered about. I found a shoe tag or maybe a token down at about 4.5". It's in ruff shape but I can make out "Red Goose". It also has a 100 or maybe a 1.00 stamped on what appears to be the front. I tried to find out some 411 on the internet. I found out they were a very early shoe company selling shoes in 1869. They were granted a trademark in 1906. Does anyone have any additional 411, like is Red Goose still around, is there a way of dating the shoe tag? I will try to get a pic up very soon. Thanks for any info and all the help. Good luck to all

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Red Goose shoes, PF Flyers and Red Ball Jets were all the cool gym shoes and sneakers popular when
I was growing up in the 60's. You used to get a golden egg filled with items when you bought a pair.

From what I remember, Red Goose actually was a chain of stores, while the others were brands carried in
all the big stores. This was back in the days of the old Woolworths and Ben Franklin five and dimes.

That find brings back memories.
Mike

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Goose shoes were made and marketed toward elementary school aged and younger children. Their highpoint was in the late 1950s and early 1960s. PF Flyers and KEDS were commonly called tennis shoes that were marketed to the junior high and high school aged kids. Those were the "good ole days" before the idiotic $250 a pair basketball / joggers' shoes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions