Padding in the arm cuff

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Hello everyone. I am interested in knowing if anyone has added padding to the arm cuff on a garrett 2500.

The cuff is so big that when I swing, sometimes it hits my arm causing the detector to beep. I do not have the upgraded chip so if anyone has had that problem and got the chip, did it improve?

If anyone has added padding, can you tell me what material you used and how you attached it.

If no one has done this, would this be a good suggestion to the company?

Thanks

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out some pipe insulation at Home Depot - hardware store - & maybe some Gorilla glue to put some extra padding on, clamped down till dry & trim off the excess - hunt, hunt, hunt!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The simplest and lowest cost way is to get a couple of foamrubber mousepads and some contact cement. Following the directions for the contact cement; glue one mousepad into the detector cup, then glue the second pad onto the first pad. After the cement has "set" good, trim the doubled mousepads to shape and enjoy. ;D If the 2 pads aren't thick enough, use a 3rd pad. Apply a full layer of contact cement on each piece when gluing.

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post something here about a cuff I bought from a Man name Jeff Herke. I had asked if anyone knew how to adjust the arm cuff because it was too big for my arm causing false signals when I would swing the MD and my arm would hit the sides of the cuff.

Jeff made these cuffs a bit ago at the request of someone else and I've got to tell you, it is aluminum and therefore bendable to fit MY arm. It makes the detector feel like an extension of my arm now instead of me hanging on to something. It takes a little pressure off my bad shoulder as well.

He has informed me that he has a few left and they go for $45 painted black and that includes the shipping, or $35 not painted including shipping.

I can't tell you what a difference it makes. I hate using the velcro strip because you have to keep removing it to do any digging. This cuff allows me to keep it snug without the strip.

I wish I still had the pictures of it. Anyway, if you are interested in this cuff, please send him an email at [email protected]

I think you will be very satisfied with it.

If you wish to ask me any questions, feel free. I will be happy to answer any of them.

Thanks

The pictures are of a minelab cuff he made but they are similar to the garret one.

Attachments

• minelab cuffs.JPG
    minelab cuffs.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 283

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Looks similiar to the Whits XLT cuff. You can buy a piece of felt that has a sticky back on it and trim it to fit the cuff. Acts as a very comfortable pad. I think I bought mine at ACE Hardware, but you may be able to find it at any craft store.

Ray S

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Thanks Ray, but what happened was that I bought the cuff that Jeff made instead of adding padding to the garret one.

Jeff sends the padding with the cuff.

I can't thank him enough, it really helps with my bad shoulder!

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
I use the top of old athletic socks. Just cut off the top of a pair of old white crew socks, fold them into themselves so it makes 2 layers and slip it over each side of the cuff. When they get dirty or sweaty just pull them off and wash. You could even put padding between the sock and the cuff to make the cuff smaller. :thumbsup:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
littletwig said:
I use the top of old athletic socks. Just cut off the top of a pair of old white crew socks, fold them into themselves so it makes 2 layers and slip it over each side of the cuff. When they get dirty or sweaty just pull them off and wash. You could even put padding between the sock and the cuff to make the cuff smaller. :thumbsup:

That is a very good idea. Now if I can figure out where my wife keeps her sweat socks I will be in business...... :o

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread