Im new to Medal Detecting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Welcome aboard. The rules here are quite simple: You send me 25% of all your finds as "newbie tax" (you pay postage), and we let you detect + participate on the forum ;D

Jan 26, 2007
waldron, arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
[size=10pt][size=9pt]Hey GotTreasure,
Welcome to TreasureNet. If you are looking for info you have come to the right place. I'm pretty new at this myself ,but I gotta say this is one of the most informative ( and nicest ) sites I've been to. I have a Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2 that I am still learning how to use. It's a great hobby that I'm sure I would be more successful at if I spent as much time detecting as I do reading on here. Best of Luck to you !!!
BB
[/size][/size]

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and forum folks. If you have any questions just ask away as someone here can help you.

Take Care,
Sandman

nightwolf

Jul 8, 2008
Bureau County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Always good to see new people joining the hobby. I just joined recently and have found this to be the best MD forum on the net. Good luck in your hunts! :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard.

Think about becomming a Charter member on this site. The search function can be a great tool that Charter members have the luxery of...plus Tom in Ca will waive his 25% newbie tax....Won't you Tom?

Al

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Nice to meet you! BTW Charter Members have games to play. Really cool and the search engine is a big help also.

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy the hobby. I have been MD ing for a good 25 yrs. Now that I am retired I try to get out every day for an hour or two. Still get a thrill when you find some nice silver. Just a few days ago I dug up a 1943 silver dime. It looked as new as the day it was minted. Just remember have fun its a hobby. Some days you get a good find, and other days you find a few clad pennies LOL.. Shane

Soverign#48

Jan 7, 2006
Saucier Mississippi
Good Luck,
But take my advice toss the detector in the trash, save your money and buy a beginner detector for $300-400 bucks. I started with that machine and it discouraged me so bad it stopped detecting for sometime. I then met a fellow detectorist whom showed me the way and I bought a Whites. From then on I never stopped and have owned, Whites, Fisher, Garret, and now Minelab. You get what you pay for so save and buy a decent machine with some quality discrimination.

Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread