Whats the best way of wraping the coil wire

Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
Heres the method that i use to keep from pulling the wire out of the coil, in case by
accident the coil gets folded backwards towards the fiber rod.

1.) Place a mark with a silver magic marker 12" from the coil that is your starting point,
now fold the front section of the coil back to the rod and add an extra 2.5" in length
now place a mark there also w/ the silver marker place a mark 14.5" above the collar
where the coil wire comes out of the coil, now start the taping above the mark on rod
then match the mark on the coil wire to the top of the tape.

2.) Once this has been done then you are ready to start the winding of the coil wire from
that area of the coil wire too the control houseing, in this method it does not matter from
here on out if you wrap from the bottom or the top since you have already left enough
slack between the coil and tape area, its all upto the the user's preference. I always
start my wrap from the top.

3.) If you use multiple rods & coils you can place a second piece of tape at the area where the
fiber rod enters the metal one, it shurely saves time when swaping coils. Since you insert
the fiber rod into the metal one the same distance each time.

Yes i will be adding photos which will show the actual marks on the rod & coil wire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread