very new

danilboone

Aug 18, 2008
howdy folks; Im as new as you can get at this.Ive heard about some 200$ units and you guys seem to talk about the ace 250 a lot. If so many people talk so good about it then it must be a good bang for the buck, but Ive read that it doesent work well in wet sand. Ill be on sand bars and beaches. Is it still good for the beginer on this sort of ground or should I try another model. Thanks.

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Check on youtube for crackbadger videos on the 250. He seems to do pretty well with it under those conditions.

Before you choose a detector ask yourself this:

Would I hunt a gay park?

Good Luck

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 250 gives a lot for the buck because it has a screen to help ID the targets, something you usually only get on higher end detectors. It does not have a ground balance which is no big deal in some areas, but really hinders you elsewhere. On the wet saltwater beaches it will be unstable if there is a lot of black sand, but should be fine in dry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions