johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also been thinking of becoming a Charter Member. If you pay the $20 does your year start then or is it based Jan.-Dec.??

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I'm glad I became a Charter Member. The search function is certainly handy, but the other extras I don't tend to use as much, although I may use the Gallery someday.

This site is so well laid out and attractive that I didn't mind giving back a little towards it.
It's especially easy if you have PayPal.

Jay :icon_sunny:

**EDIT**
You start immediately after joining

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Your year starts the day you pay so you do get a full year, not just til the end of the calendar year. It is definitely worth the cost especially with Marc adding more and more all the time for the charter members. I think the reason a lot of folks think the only difference is the search option is many of us have said "the ability to use the search option alone is worth the $20" but there are far more benefits to having a charter membership than that. Honestly.....if you were to just look at the information alone you have already gleaned from the site and the entertainment and enjoyment I don't think any of you can claim $20 a year is too large a price to support this site. Just my 2 cents! :thumbsup: Of course the dancing and potluck in the charter members only forums is fun too! lol

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Worth it to me for all the info I have gotten.
Even tho I never got a dance with Cyn.. (Nice new outfit there Cyn!)
:D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
greydigger said:
Worth it to me for all the info I have gotten.
Even tho I never got a dance with Cyn.. (Nice new outfit there Cyn!)
:D

Now I never said it was ME dancing in the Charter Members only forum....but there IS dancing going on! rofl

lol gotta have the cheerleader outfit on a lot now....down so close to CTH2 and I am cheering the countdown every day! I can't wait to go!! :angel8: :angel8: :angel8: :angel8:

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use the charter members only features very often. I joined to lend my support to keeping the website up and running. A magazine related to treasure hunting will cost you $40.00 or so a year. Read it and that's it. But like you say, come to Tnet and find something new every day. The cost: 5.47 cents per day. A good bargain in my opinion..

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto for me.

It's not the Charter membership stuff for the reason I "joined".

It was a donation to keep this site up and running. It's peoples time, money and resources working so we can enjoy others stories, share their finds, discuss almost any topic, even to the local level.
We can have people answer our detecting questions, or identify that oddity we found in the middle of a pile of cow poop out in some farmers field.

We can share loves and hates, discuss politics if that's your thing...find valuable links to maps and photos.....

All packaged neatly in one place!

Heck...$20.00 ain't nothing for this!

That's my 5.47 cents worth anyhow.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread