Anyone tried casting silver/ gold /bronze in a microwave?

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No No No, bad relicdude07, No metal in the nukarator, always a bad idea, no matter
what anybody says, just be safe and don't. One forgotten fork in a microwave ten years ago that I'd left in a plate of spaghetti cured me. I dang near burned the house down, and it was my inlaws house. No No No, No!
Really bad idea... Send it off like was mentioned earlier, or if you got something you want to cast, borrow a cytaline(spelling?) torch. I used one to cast a belt buckle out of silver years ago. Melted it to red hot and poured it in the mold I had prepared. Worked like a charm, and that probably wasn't the best way to do it...

HH,
Ramapirate

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Micro doesn't work as a clothes dryer either.
Although dishwasher can wash them, just don't use clothes soap...Big mess!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Besides the safety concerns, it is a waste of time. Package the silver and gold up and send it off to Midwest Refineries and they will buy it for 94 % of spot or you can have it sent back to you in ingots or coins. http://www.midwestrefineries.com/

I knew that they bought, but I did not know they will send your scrap back melted into bars or coins. That's real cool!! It would be a fun project to do by yourself but. It seems like you need lots of gear, skill, and a little know how.

Keep @ it and HH!!

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your gonna post a video here, it needs to be legit - real
your video shows xmas bulbs lighting up in a so called microwave
your post suggest that you can put metal in a microwave oven\cant be done

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we went from smelting silver and gold in a microwave to -
a Christmas bulb light show in a microwave - LOL..........
so bogus
of which I don't believe you can do in a second
waste of time

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Look at the rest of the videos at the bottom of that one i posted when its over.You will see them all.Not a smart bunch of kids ,but the guy in the first link i posted maybe on to something........He is doing it ,if you read all the info you will see....You say it cant be done ,but he is doing it....They told the wright brothers ,it would never fly also....

Attachments

• removingfrommv.jpg
    removingfrommv.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 400
  • mould_in_MV.jpg
    mould_in_MV.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 403

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
LOL put metal in the microwave it works!!! Yea it works if your trying to blow the microwave up and get someone injured...

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
I recall working at Sears Warehouse in Tulsa, OK bak in the early 80's. They had a huge building that housed stock as well as a servise and parts center. One day as i was walking by the service center i heard several men hollering and looked up in time to see them running and tripping over each other, trying to get out of the service bay they were working in. The reason for the commotion was a microwave being serviced, energized with it's door wide open. The safety switch was defective and evidently the tech failed to believe the customers complaint until this happened :)

Mike

T

tulecanyon

the MYTH BUSTERS did a segment on micowave and metal. it appears that metal can be microwaved, alone, no organice in the chamber. they did several tests, and found it may not be good for the microwave, but it is not dangerous or hazardous.

if the metal is in contact with organics, pretty fireworks show that ruins the organics, not the metal or the microwave.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola: so far not much has been dedicated to the potential danger to the human operator of this suggested usage. There is a very very valid reason for telling you to leave the immediate area while microwaving since even with the door shielding, there is always some leakage which can be deadly in the long run.

~~~~Quote~~~~~~~
In addition to the violent frictional heat effects, called thermic effects, there are also athermic effects which have hardly ever been taken into account. These athermic effects are not presently measurable, but they can also deform the structures of molecules and have qualitative consequences. For example the weakening of cell membranes by microwaves is used in the field of gene altering technology. Because of the force involved, the cells are actually broken, thereby neutralizing the electrical potentials, the very life of the cells, between the outer and inner side of the cell membranes. Impaired cells become easy prey for viruses, fungi and other microorganisms. The natural repair mechanisms are suppressed and cells are forced to adapt to a state of energy emergency -- they switch from aerobic to anaerobic respiration. Instead of water and carbon dioxide, the cell poisons hydrogen peroxide and carbon monoxide are produced."

The same violent deformations that occur in our bodies, when we are directly exposed to radar or microwaves, also occur in the molecules of foods cooked in a microwave oven. This radiation results in the destruction and deformation of food molecules. Microwaving also creates new compounds, called radiolytic compounds, which are unknown fusions not found in nature. Radiolytic compounds are created by molecular decomposition - decay - as a direct result of radiation.

From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following:

1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term - permanent - brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.

8). The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

"It's [Microwave sickness] first signs are low blood pressure and slow pulse. The later and most common manifestations are
chronic excitation of the sympathetic nervous system [stress syndrome] and high blood pressure. This phase also often includes headache, dizziness, eye pain, sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety, stomach pain, nervous tension, inability to concentrate, hair loss, plus an increased incidence of appendicitis, cataracts, reproductive problems, and cancer. The chronic symptoms are eventually succeeded by crisis of adrenal exhaustion and ischemic heart disease [the blockage of coronary arteries and heart attacks]."

Conclusion, do you want to experiment on these possible effects, beyond the physical problems of micro energy on metals? Your health and EYESIGHT will be put into grave danger. Go for a simple gas fired oven which is cheap, and fully controllable by YOU..

Don Jose de La Mancha

DiverGuy83

Oct 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
the newer microwaves can deal with the metal being put in it not saying i would try it but its not going to explode or anything.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
And that's why I haven't used a microwave in years, I don't even have one anymore. It's better to play it safe imo, there's too much heat with the debate on that. Pun intended :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread