Watch a Compass detector ignore iron. ( Updated Link )

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I just completed my first youtube video. I chose to make a video demonstration of the Compass Yukon 77b operation. I was prompted by a friend in Canada with a 77b that wasn't working quite right and he wanted to see one work properly. *** Warning *** this thing will blow your mind how it is able to see conductive targets below Iron. It'll make you want one ;D

I hope I have not posted this in the wrong place, please pardon me if I have.

John

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Re: Watch a Compass detector ignore iron.

Thanx for the video. You had the audio threshold sorta WAY loud though. I run mine so that I *just* hear it. You got it a little less loud at 4:21....

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Video no longer available...

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wanna see this video. Will it be back up and running soon?

Compass machines were some of the best machines ever made--and at least a decade before their time.

-Buckleboy

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro

Tom_in_CA said:
Thanx for the video. You had the audio threshold sorta WAY loud though. I run mine so that I *just* hear it. You got it a little less loud at 4:21....

Sorry for the loud volume on the video I wasn't sure how good the audio would pickup so I ran it about twice as loud as I would in the field.

bscofield6 said:
Video no longer available...

BuckleBoy said:
I wanna see this video. Will it be back up and running soon?

Compass machines were some of the best machines ever made--and at least a decade before their time.

-Buckleboy

The video was deleted from youtube and I am attempting to reload it now. The original video had a certain unpleasant sound in it that was made by my brother who was filming me. Shall we say gas like a BIG horse S :icon_pale:. I did not notice this sound during the original editing. The worst thing was I had a guilty look on MY face. LOL
The new video is the same minus the sound and will be reloaded as soon as I can get it loaded up on youtube I will update the link in the original post.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:-\

K

Kentucky Kache

I caught that sound, but I enjoyed the video. :D
...BROTHERS!...

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
I have redone the video with the threshold cut back on the detector but still up enough you can easily hear it once recorded. ( This is still a bit louder than I would run the threshold in the field ). I hope you guys/gals enjoy it and please let me know what you think of it. ;D

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
john37115,

Hey, I've been anxiously awaiting your redone video. It's great! I have hundreds of hours of hunt time on the Compass 77B. I was a Compass dealer back in the 70s and 80s. Your video brought back fond memories of a long ago chapter of metal detecting. Thank you, see you on the Compass forum. Joe

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
JOE(USA) said:
john37115,

Hey, I've been anxiously awaiting your redone video. It's great! I have hundreds of hours of hunt time on the Compass 77B. I was a Compass dealer back in the 70s and 80s. Your video brought back fond memories of a long ago chapter of metal detecting. Thank you, see you on the Compass forum. Joe

Thanks Joe glad you liked the video. I just love the old machines there's nothing that equals the old 100hz Compass machines in an iron patch.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's incredible. How does it do with BIG iron, like a piece of a cooking pot or an axe head? Can it see through that as well?

-Buckles

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
Yes it will see big iron and some rusty sheet metal. Once your used to the machine you can tell it buy sizing and the way the needle makes several bounces instead of a smooth response. If you have a questionable signal you can roll the coarse and fine tune adjustments over to the mineral side and if you still get a signal it's definately iron. Thanks for watching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread