Tomahawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a Tomahawk. Where I live Tomahawks were made for decoration purposes as well as battle items.

Quito suggested I start a new thread with this Tomahawk. I only showed the pecked and grinded side.

This is the pecked and grinded down side. Note the grinded down grey color

Here is the show side work was done but minimal compared to the back. The stone color is blue.

Here is the pecked and grinded down side of one from ancient point on the net. obviously not exactly the same but you can see the similarities of the dynamic.
View attachment 1365959

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Well I am surprised you put that thing up after all you've been hearing about your other rocks.
Here is the poorest example a Tommy hawk that I can produce. Note the actual use wear and all the features that make it recognizable as an actual axe.
image.jpeg
I'd toss that thing you have into the rock garden.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamus, that isn't an artifact, it is natural stone.....

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Last edited:

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a Tomahawk. Where I live Tomahawks were made for decoration purposes as well as battle items.

Quito suggested I start a new thread with this Tomahawk. I only showed the pecked and grinded side.

This is the pecked and grinded down side. Note the grinded down grey color.
View attachment 1365960

Here is the show side work was done but minimal compared to the back. The stone color is blue.

View attachment 1365961

Here is the pecked and grinded down side of one from ancient point on the net. obviously not exactly the same but you can see the similarities of the dynamic.
View attachment 1365959

Where I live you can find them all over the place on the ground and if you dig you'll find lots more.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
JMHO - What you're showing is a natural stone. Doesn't mean it couldn't have been used as a tool or weapon, but doesn't look to be altered by human.
HH
dts

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Celt I found this year its not grooved.

Attachments

• SDC11473.JPG
    SDC11473.JPG
    763.4 KB · Views: 198

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the characteristics of a tomahawk that you are seeing here....possibly the shape?..when you do find one you'll know it...show me some artifacts..

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone was pulling your leg.......when they suggested you post that rock in this forum.

OP
OP
J

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much does it weigh? Haft that bad boy on a stick and swing it a few times, my guess is that you discover why it isn't an axe.

It's not made for use. I did explain that it is made for decoration. I know what it is also where I found it. Native americans had social classes. They also made very beautiful artifacts. You can clearly see that the backside was grinded down. It's okay though!

OP
OP
J

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am surprised you put that thing up after all you've been hearing about your other rocks.
Here is the poorest example a Tommy hawk that I can produce. Note the actual use wear and all the features that make it recognizable as an actual axe.
View attachment 1366013
I'd toss that thing you have into the rock garden.

I appreciate the pic. I know what a grooved axe is. We don't have very many grooved axes where I live. I have seen a lot of artifacts I am going to school for anthropology I have a hoard of artifacts I can look at anytime. Natives lived here for 15000 years do you think the only type of axe they made was grooved. The reason you guys don't recognize artifacts is because you are to be busy analyzing each item to ones you have seen.

One day i'll show you a decorative 4 foot long pestle that was excavated from a dig by my professor.

OP
OP
J

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the characteristics of a tomahawk that you are seeing here....possibly the shape?..when you do find one you'll know it...show me some artifacts..

As mentioned look closely at the backside of the artifact compare to the front. Plain as day. I did find one and I do know it for good reason. No offense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone was pulling your leg.......when they suggested you post that rock in this forum.

Ha ha! Thanks Catherine for the heads up. I am fully aware just going with the flow.

OP
OP
J

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamus, that isn't an artifact, it is natural stone.....

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016
The idea is to un alter the show side of the artifact as little as possible thus the reason you say it's a natural rock. You are being sincere I know. Just look at the differences between the pecked and grinded down side which is grey and the show side which looks natural and blue. Open the pics please. I know this may not sway you. I will try to stay patient and eventually I will post something recognizable and build credibility and maybe you might open you're mind a little and see what I am taking time to show.

I have a lot to learn. I have guidance and a mentor and maybe one day I can learn from you guy's on items you recognize and I don't know what they are.

And to all trying to reach out it feels good that people are trying to help I have always been fairly reclusive and although we are not on the same page I appreciate it a lot believe me. :icon_thumright:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not made for use. I did explain that it is made for decoration. I know what it is also where I found it. Native americans had social classes. They also made very beautiful artifacts. You can clearly see that the backside was grinded down. It's okay though!

No no no no no!!! Jamus, we have tried and tried to help you but you obviously just refuse to listen or to learn. That is in no way, shape, or form a Stone Axe, or as you called it by the antiquated term, a Tomahawk. I guess I just need to quit opening your posts and wasting my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread