46.9 KB · Views: 148
OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the first two pictures possibly a cutting tool........ And is there anything the other one would have a hole in it besides erosion

OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Side of the other

Attachments

• 1479261048997.jpg
    1479261048997.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe????

Attachments

• 1479261205125.jpg
    1479261205125.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 158

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like native American stones. But they are not. It either French Jesuit or the other order from the area. I'm having a senior moment. I can't remember they name. Starts with a C. Oh well. Nice find . It's common in the state your in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think a French Explorer/missionary made them but I looked it up and they were for sure in the area and had a lot to do with the tribes around here....

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think a French Explorer/missionary made them but I looked it up and they were for sure in the area and had a lot to do with the tribes around here....

So i would be happy to share some knowledge with you but 1st I need to know what state you are in and maybe the county.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Grim ,your flopping around like a fish out of water. He lives in my state. The natives would make them a little better. There shape tells me who made them. You should be able to tell. There is the possibility of one of them being native. That would be the first one.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As has happened on many occasions in the past, we are witnessing the so-called Dunning-Kruger effect in this thread:

Dunning-Kruger effect - RationalWiki

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The Dunning-Kruger effect, named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs where people fail to adequately assess their level of competence — or specifically, their incompetence — at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. This lack of awareness is attributed to their lower level of competence robbing them of the ability to critically analyse their performance, leading to a significant overestimate of themselves.[/FONT]

In other words, somebody has no idea what they are talking about, yet still feel free to offer their nonsense as a reasonable answer....

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As has happened on many occasions in the past, we are witnessing the so-called Dunning-Kruger effect in this thread:

Dunning-Kruger effect - RationalWiki

The Dunning-Kruger effect, named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs where people fail to adequately assess their level of competence — or specifically, their incompetence — at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. This lack of awareness is attributed to their lower level of competence robbing them of the ability to critically analyse their performance, leading to a significant overestimate of themselves.

In other words, somebody has no idea what they are talking about, yet still feel free to offer their nonsense as a reasonable answer....

We have a winner folks!! Great answer. Jesuit my ass. lol

OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol...... I see my couple of rocks made a splash... Didn't think a whole lot about them , just curious, .... You never know,,,, and still don't lol

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should not use word like that Grim this is a family oriented site. You still don't have a clue about how talented this priest were. Charlie that sword cuts both ways. Do you guy know anything about their history here in the states Or around the world? If you did you would know they spent their time with the Natives.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You should not use word like that Grim this is a family oriented site. You still don't have a clue about how talented this priest were. Charlie that sword cuts both ways. Do you guy know anything about their history here in the states Or around the world? If you did you would know they spent their time with the Natives.

Well, Bob, in fact I'm sure you know quite a bit about the Jesuits during the Contact and Colonial Era of North America. It's rocks that you interpret as having something to do with the Jesuits where you go off the rails. Yet, in each and every instance, you present yourself as if you knew better then anyone else. Indeed, you present your notions as if everyone else needs to somehow ascend to your level of understanding regarding these rocks. Yet, we all can see that you're presenting a delusional point of view. And you don't realize it. Hence your approach falls under the heading of an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. You know far, far less then you think you know. But you don't realize that. Hence you waste everyone's time with nonsense observations connecting rocks to Jesuits. It is you who has a lot to learn, if only you knew!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]“[/FONT]"Those who think they know never learn."
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]—from the Tao Te Ching
[/FONT]

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol...... I see my couple of rocks made a splash... Didn't think a whole lot about them , just curious, .... You never know,,,, and still don't lol

The first and third rock resemble quartzite, and the second rock looks like quartz. I would not rule out that they assumed their appearance via flaking by humans. They may be flakes resulting from the manufacturing of stone tools by Native Americans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread