indian face?

rok-kolektor

Nov 10, 2016
Mid GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do nothing but surface hunt....few weeks ago i seen a point sticking out the ground, dug it out to find there was 7 more points before i got a foot down in the dirt...also in this small hole i dug was several crystal quartz pieces as well as pottery sherds and what seems to be figurines?....this piece was also in there, my wife noticed it saying it looked like an indians face.....we have done some research on it and came up with a few things, ill post some the research after a few responses....whats your take on it?................ indian face.jpg indian face 2.jpg

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like a profile but I highly doubt it was done purposefully. Most like just a natural fracture that looks like a face.

Of course, ole Bob will probably tell you it's Jesuit. :BangHead:

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.A. did make effigy's out of quartz. I have seen a owl effigy like the one I found made out of quartz. If it was made by man the surface of the face will be smoothed down, if it is not it's just a lucky break. Cool find:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

rok-kolektor

Nov 10, 2016
Mid GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF1134.JPG http://paleoface.blogspot.com/2010/12/15-paleo-indian-profil-on-quartz.html
indian-profil.jpg
1008753_359947547470411_1634183437_o.jpg
Capture.jpg

this is some of our findings about it...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rok-kolektor

Nov 10, 2016
Mid GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it is smooth as a babies butt on both sides...also you can plainly see flaking and grinding....gonna try and get better pictures tonight

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The other images you found researching look like they would most likely be interpreted as natural coincidences. Such occurances can happen on a small or large scale. For instance, on a large scale you can get things like Indian Head, NH, and the Old Man of the Mountains, NH, now gone. And what you found researching are perhaps small scale versions of natural profiles...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 146

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the best Owl effigy I have ever seen made of Quartz. You have to say there is no doubt what it is. Poverty Point style Quartz Owl 1.jpg owl2.jpg The first one is in a collection in south Al. and the second one is the one I found.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Reminds me of those that could see the Virgin Mary in toast and other weird places.
Now that I think if it, aren't these faces Jesuit carvings?

Is this a catholic thing?

OP
OP
R

rok-kolektor

Nov 10, 2016
Mid GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the confidence montserrack...only thing i know to do is let an expert look...it is smooth but not in the same way as that owl.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well char, you may be learning something with your pictures you posted . Everyone was a Jesuit marker out west. And yes Grim I will inform him that his could be a jesuit. But just one face doesn't make it a Jesuit stone. But from the looks of his other post I will say it's likely. You guys are being exposed to more of their work. You can call it what you want. It's man made. You will soon be finding out old Bob is right. And it will be ok. The stone faces come in many forms. Some animal and some human like. But to be one of their's it will have more than one face of each. Some have a serpent and a lion A Bible theme and verses. All will have numbers and letters somewhere on it. If it has a word on it. It will be overlapped by another word. Jesuit Priest is always that way. I'm not going away anytime soon boys and girls. So let's bust out some books and learn something new.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well char, you may be learning something with your pictures you posted . Everyone was a Jesuit marker out west. And yes Grim I will inform him that his could be a jesuit. But just one face doesn't make it a Jesuit stone. But from the looks of his other post I will say it's likely. You guys are being exposed to more of their work. You can call it what you want. It's man made. You will soon be finding out old Bob is right. And it will be ok. The stone faces come in many forms. Some animal and some human like. But to be one of their's it will have more than one face of each. Some have a serpent and a lion A Bible theme and verses. All will have numbers and letters somewhere on it. If it has a word on it. It will be overlapped by another word. Jesuit Priest is always that way. I'm not going away anytime soon boys and girls. So let's bust out some books and learn something new.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] Bob, your posts are among the most delusional interpretations of rocks available on the Internet today. I guess some would find it a shame that you continue to mislead posters honestly seeking answers, with mumbo jumbo having no basis in reality. But, there is an entertainment value, and an educational value. Folks are able to see the power of delusions to lead people astray. People learn that some are incapable of learning, and hold onto their ludicrous delusions with something akin to a death grip, lol.

Virtually everything you say here has no foundation in the real world. If you were to tell everyone the rocks you and others find were relics from a race of reptilian humanoids from Zeta Retuculi, it would actually be not much more fantastical then the mumbo jumbo you do post on a regular basis. I think, were I a moderator, I would certainly give serious thought to not allowing you to turn threads into absolute jokes with the unadulterated garbage that you post so often. But, your theories are so transparently ludicrous, there's very little chance that anyone would respond with anything other then some variation of "wow, is that nuts, or is that nuts, lmao".[/FONT]

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read these but have no comment. I do get a good laugh though. Come on Bob why would a person from ancient times draw on such a tiny rock? Where would they put such a tiny rock for others to find it for future messages for others to read and how would another person be able to read it if they could even find it? Its silly

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks you Charl for your old time view of things. Sticking to old rules will never learn you something new. And my offer to you still stand Charl. As to the question of why someone would make such a small artifacts. They had to practice their art for one. Study the sign and symbols of treasure threads. Look for the sun and shadow signs. They would use the sides of mountains along with the movement of the sun to make animals and other effigies. If you were to find one of their pieces of stone it will work the same way. Just like the stones in my front yard. They change with the rise and fall of the sun and season. The only joke hear is how they knew how to hide their work in plain sight. Charl if you post pictures of those stone faces know more about what they are. It hurts your credibility. It's history not science that will give you the answers you need. No hard feelings though. Talk about me all you want. Cause in the end it will be my name that prevalent

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
"Well thanks you Charl for your old time view of things. Sticking to old rules will never learn you something new. "

Sticking to old rules when it is right, is just plain old right. The old timers as well as the newbies when they see your posts will be telling YOU Bob, you need to learn something new.

One thing nice about your collection, it won't be getting stolen.

What do those close to you think of your thoughts on rocks?

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW!!!!!! You are DEF a glass is half full kinda guy............ Even thg your glass fell on the floor and SHATTERED!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread