any ideas of what this could be?

Scorpio_queen6

Jun 13, 2016
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People have been saying " ITS JUST A RIVER ROCK" and maybe its because the pictures don't do it justice, but the shape doesn't seem "river made" and It was found in the highlands of NJ (mountains). It kind of looks like it once had a carved picture in the center. anyway, hope you guys can help.

Triangle Leaf Shape.jpg

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know of rocks having naturally symmetrical shapes like that. It looks like it may have held something in it.

Thunderbolt

Feb 28, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from the interesting shape "mother nature" gave this piece, looking further into the fine details in the upper left pic im seeing the outline of a "naturally occurring" left humanoid facial profile. Makes sense though as I'm "hard-wired" to see such an image. Nice piece.

astralea1692

Feb 28, 2015
southwestern Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Nope-not yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Clue..but be stubborn & persistent... Someone knowledgeable or hoarding a sim.piece will trip in and comment! If not...don't pitch it until you are 101% satisfied otherwise!! **Ain't it grand to get to make that decision!!???!!**

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if theres a way to prove it has been worked i would say a rock thimble if such a thing exists. but i have no idea at all

giuhalftrack

Jul 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
BFO's (DIY), Tesoro Silver, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is not a natural rock... in the location you find others ??
If the rocks in that area shows a similar "bended" shape probably it is natural... rocks are shaped in regard of mineral position-orientation on it.. this is why you have so little sferic rocks... the minerals in rocks are often "oriented" this meas rock hardness is not equal in any direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions