Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By quito
  • 4 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By The Grim Reaper
  • 2 Post By choo
  • 1 Post By digger460
  • 1 Post By Obsessive

Thread: How can I clean these up?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2017
    Southwest Missouri
    29 times
    Relic Hunting

How can I clean these up?

I found some interesting rocks in a local creek (in Southwest Missouri) and would like to clean them up without causing any damage. They seem to be sandstone and are mostly covered with mud and Creek slime. In the following pictures there is one that I found "face" down and resembles a bear to me, one looks like maybe a dog or wolf and is still covered with dried creek slime and the last one I can see what looks to me like a duck looking over it's shoulder, but that's just me lol. If anyone sees the same or maybe something different, or if I'm loosing it please let me know. I there are a couple of them I tried to rinse off with water and a tooth brush that appears to have what looks like some kind of red paint If you will in strange shapes or locations. How can I clean without causing damage if there is anything there to damage?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171027_003455.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	1509592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171025_092711.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	1509593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171025_074633599.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	4.35 MB 
ID:	1509594

us
    Oct 2017
    Southwest Missouri
    29 times
    Relic Hunting
    Here are the ones with the red "paint" one is three sided with a sharp edge and one cupped and fist the palm of hand nicely. The other two are just examples of about 25 total. If nothing else I've got the coolest rock garden in the neighborhood lol.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171027_002626528.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.56 MB 
ID:	1509595
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171027_002536687.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.53 MB 
ID:	1509596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171027_002450487.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	5.22 MB 
ID:	1509597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171027_001929.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	1509598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171025_092457.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	1509599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171025_074558559.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	1509600

us
    the boss

Mar 2008
    south dakota
    good eyes
    2393 times
    Vinegar will clean them up.

While they may be cool rocks, they are completely natural.
    monsterrack likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23780 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Completely natural rocks.

Your wasting your time on rocks, there are real artifacts in the fields, creeks and streams of Missouri. If you not sure what to look for look at this link. https://associations.missouristate.e...ification.html

Learn how to hunt creeks and streams. Artifacts fall into the water when the banks collapse from rain and high water, they wash down stream until something causes them to stop, usually it is debris like fallen logs, brush, rocks and weeds. Look behind obstructions that hinder the flow of the current down stream, look behind logs laying in the water or the down side of the current.

Here are some pictures, chances of finding artifacts are higher in the marked red areas, look between the marked area, but objects that block or interrupt the flow of the current is where artifacts are more likely to fall and rest. Also look at bottom of small waterfalls, the water digs holes when it falls, I found many artifacts by digging in the holes made by the water falls.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stream3 marked.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	747.3 KB 
ID:	1509635Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	370.6 KB 
ID:	1509636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream2 marked.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	1509637
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Apr 2008
    Southern Ohio
    3699 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    While you may be seeing these images in those stones they are still 100% natural. It's like seeing faces and animals in clouds. Also, the "paint" is just discoloration of the stone from minerals leeching into it.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.
    "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends."

us
    Jul 2009
    Ohio
    561 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Don't waste your time cleaning them up they are just rocks throw them back in the creek!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730
    2052 times
    At it again I see. Sure spend alot of time circling things.
    The Grim Reaper likes this.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Nov 2015
    207 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Learn how to hunt creeks and streams. Artifacts fall into the water when the banks collapse from rain and high water, they wash down stream until something causes them to stop, usually it is debris like fallen logs, brush, rocks and weeds. Look behind obstructions that hinder the flow of the current down stream, look behind logs laying in the water or the down side of the current.

Here are some pictures, chances of finding artifacts are higher in the marked red areas, look between the marked area, but objects that block or interrupt the flow of the current is where artifacts are more likely to fall and rest. Also look at bottom of small waterfalls, the water digs holes when it falls, I found many artifacts by digging in the holes made by the water falls.
    I'm certainly not doubting what you're saying, because I've seen other people mention the same thing... but can anyone else here vouch for this technique? I hunt a river, so my spot is different, but I've tried creek hunting (mainly rock bars) but have found nothing. I know for a fact, there "should" be stuff in the creeks due to my research, past finds, etc. I never did check IN the creek though. I can't understand why searching those areas could potentially yield points because that's a gathering spot for everything... they're just filled up with other rocks. Unless you're talking creeks that are comprised of large boulders or bed rock... I can see little stones and such congregating there, thus points would be there. I'm taking about pebbly, sandy creeks. Again, I'm not doubting your technique... just wondering if other people have been finding stuff in those locations.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by filmiracl View Post
    I'm certainly not doubting what you're saying, because I've seen other people mention the same thing... but can anyone else here vouch for this technique? I hunt a river, so my spot is different, but I've tried creek hunting (mainly rock bars) but have found nothing. I know for a fact, there "should" be stuff in the creeks due to my research, past finds, etc. I never did check IN the creek though. I can't understand why searching those areas could potentially yield points because that's a gathering spot for everything... they're just filled up with other rocks. Unless you're talking creeks that are comprised of large boulders or bed rock... I can see little stones and such congregating there, thus points would be there. I'm taking about pebbly, sandy creeks. Again, I'm not doubting your technique... just wondering if other people have been finding stuff in those locations.
    Areas I circled are areas where the current is blocked so artifacts washing down stream in the current from high water caused by heavy rain fall out of the current. Fallen trees and logs are especially good on the down current side of logs.

I know this method works because I used this method over 20 years and found thousands of artifacts. I also took 5 gallon plastic bucket, cut bottom out, installed plexiglass with marine epoxy and used it to search holes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Apr 2012
    N FL
    CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
    278 times
    Metal Detecting
    Stop huffing gas.

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot
    7034 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hunting creeks can be the easiest hunting that there is. it gives you a path to follow with artifacts. You will always see flint flakes first. It is not rocket science. I was finding arrowheads at age 5 or 6 out of fields. Creeks can be a walk in the park if they are old enough.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Nov 2013
    1360 times
    Same old song, same singers.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

us
    American Patriot

Feb 2017
    Montana
    Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
    501 times
    Prospecting
    Yea, quit wasting your time with those rocks. You could be doing much more with your time, like drinking beer or chasing wild women!
    "GET OFF THE PHONE, YOU IDIOT!"... Mark Levin
    "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"... Dr. Michael Savage
    "The Marines have landed, and the situation is well in hand"
    "There's gold in them there hills!" ( 360 degrees from my house)
    Even if a liberal told me to my face that they were lying to me, I still wouldn't believe them.
    "God Bless the USA!" Psalms 144:1 John 3:16

us
    Apr 2017
    Bay Area, CA
    Tesoro Cibola, XP Deus w/ HF coils, & 11" LF. Land and Sea pinpointer
    519 times
    Hey, cool rocks. To me that second one looks like The profile of a gator.

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." - Michelangelo
    Ozarksrockturner likes this.

Nov 2013
    1360 times
    Post your stone in the Jesuit , signs and symbol of treasure. There you will find out the truth. It's symbolism of the stones. Study those threads and then you will find the answers.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links