Effigy?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does not change the fact it is just a rock with natural erosion not an artifact.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And furthermore look at stuff people make today some are very fine Craftsman while others not so much.

But, even in that instance, if we can see clear evidence that it was created by humans, we can acknowledge it as such, be in crude, or be it a Michelangelo. In the instance of the rock you posted, you have shown no photos that demonstrate it was a rock worked by man. And, if you cannot do that, the responses given are to be expected, regardless of your own opinions, which you are of course always entitled to....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not all artifacts we're elaborate and precise in thier creation. I have seen authencated artifacts worth more than I would have ever guessed that were made very crudely and sometimes undecernable as to what they were(at least to me). And people also call a rock and artifact because it was found near a campsite. But I can't find that same Rock somewhere else and it wouldn't be nothing because it wasn't on the campsite. There my rant is over sorry

I see the profile ,after your description.
I don't see ,pecking,polishing,knapping ,or drilling.
Compared to the context of recovery site .....what creature ,real or in legend fits the goins ons?
A short faced bear maybe....An Aztec dragon perhaps...
Hang on to the item if you like it. Look for an upgrade.
When one knocks your eye out ( not literally) ...and you have no doubt ,you have one. Even if crude.

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
I see the profile ,after your description.
I don't see ,pecking,polishing,knapping ,or drilling.
Compared to the context of recovery site .....what creature ,real or in legend fits the goins ons?
A short faced bear maybe....An Aztec dragon perhaps...
Hang on to the item if you like it. Look for an upgrade.
When one knocks your eye out ( not literally) ...and you have no doubt ,you have one. Even if crude.

What about the hole in the area that looks like the mouth that is tapered from both sides?

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
Go back to history and take a look at pretty much every great discovery that has ever happened it comes from somebody thinking differently than others

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...in this case, that comment is a stretch...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread