Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, the first two are just unworked rocks with suggestive shapes. The third one could be something that might have been hafted or tied.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I'm not seeing anything that says artifact. Better luck next time.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Hmmm......,Interesting face in that first shown piece. Wonder how that got there?

the third piece does look like it has been knocked around a bit, maybe a spoke shave or two in it?

OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you just admit you saw a face. Are you ok. Kinda like ripping off a bandaid. You should all say it and just get it over with. I SEE A FACE IN THE ROCK. Whew, I'm ok too.So will the rest of you be as well.

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If all the faces we see on rocks were artifacts we would pick up every rock we see.

OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should pick up more rocks is just my point, thank you very much. The eyes and mouth I would buy as geofact, it's the nose that's hard to explain. Up close there was even an attempt made to show nosstrils I believe. Also the stone is still about one quarter cortex of what was probably a river rock so the workmanship is clear to me. The dark area above face is also cortex
IMG_1511.JPG

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg, you are probably a pretty good guy so this is not an attack on you personally. Hell, you collect, or at least try to collect, artifacts so that gives you a big plus. The thing is we see you "face guys" or "message in stone guys" about once a month on here. All of us see the faces, it's just those of us that have done this for a very long time know the difference between something actually made by man and something that was a freak of nature. I have all kinds of stones I have found that look like faces and they are all 100% natural. I can probably walk out to my driveway and find one without any problem. Research Hopewell or Adena Effigies and see some real ancient stone work.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wondered about the nose so this picture shows how natural fracturing could form that nose. This looks very similar to yours though on a larger scale and is 100% natural.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 303
OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probly think the old man of the mountain in NH was natural, but I don't think so. It took years to even find any others who were seeing what I was. How many pieces showing the possibility of workmanship would you have to find before it became a probability in your mind.Took me a heck of a lot. You have never really looked at this stuff with your own eyes as someone with your skill in recognizing stonework would see the tool marks. If you don't mind I'll keep posting some pics whether all believe or not.

OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would I find things with the same imagery as others do all over the country and world, or at least from Japan as grim so kindly showed us to England and Europe. Speaks of a universal culture which is contrary to what I believed of our native Americans who were quite diverse I thought, but most of you would know better. That's where the pre-Clovis thoughts began, and as with the rock art it turned out I am not as brilliant as I would like to believe and others were far ahead of me on this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions