OP
OP
F

Flip N. Rocks

Jun 17, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was an opinion based forum. I have my mine, you have yours which I asked for. I wasn’t asking for a banner nomination, I thought it was interesting and worked. I was backing my opion with the possibility the ancient Indians might have looked at this piece differently due to their religion and culture and that might played into the possibility of reverence. I introduced myself as a longtime lurker and signed in to show some stuff I thought was questionable. I was quite takin back by the gang mentality of opinion turned criticism. Have a great weekend!

JKicker

Jul 10, 2017
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Minelab X Terra 705
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was an opinion based forum. I have my mine, you have yours which I asked for. I wasn’t asking for a banner nomination, I thought it was interesting and worked. I was backing my opion with the possibility the ancient Indians might have looked at this piece differently due to their religion and culture and that might played into the possibility of reverence. I introduced myself as a longtime lurker and signed in to show some stuff I thought was questionable. I was quite takin back by the gang mentality of opinion turned criticism. Have a great weekend!

Similar to a response I put in another post, was it ever used as you imply? Maybe. Can you prove it? No. All the comments you said to back up your theory are simply theories. You are talking about ancient religions and implying this substantiates your belief in this being an artifact but there is not proof, no context. People used to believe the earth was flat and only after providing proof did people begin to believe it. Once you can provide context or proof, people will begin to believe you.

You can find identifiable artifacts all over the country. Wouldn't it be more fun to lay your hands on a piece that is easily recognized as an artifact? Years ago when my son was young, he would bring me every pointy rock and ask me if it was an arrowhead. After bringing me thousands of chips, I'm sure there were some utilized flakes in there somewhere, but nothing definitive. I'll never forget the day he found a true beauty of a point and loudly exclaimed "I KNOW THIS IS AN ARROWHEAD!!"

Off my soapbox now, believe what you believe but don't expect others to believe it to. Happy hunting and good luck!
Kick

OP
OP
F

Flip N. Rocks

Jun 17, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jkicker! I appreciate that. I have some great finds. Without a doubt points , blades, square knives, perforators, spokeshaves and a lot of heartbreaks. I’m not new to this and I have a couple arrowhead books I break out from time to time. It’s the odd pieces that I seem to attract to. Lol I still love Palasso man and I’m pretty sure an ancient Indian did too. IMO of coarse. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread