odd relics
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: odd relics

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2018
    middle Tennessee
    Garrett
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

odd relics

It pains me to have to ask this because I have made fun of people over this very subject and this may be my karma for it ... but here goes …. I have found a site ( on my own property no less ) that almost every thing I pick up has some form of bird depiction on it … with a lot of it being very small and almost purposely hidden to a passing look … then others are big and bold in your face birds and owls. I'm talking carved , painted , engraved , big , small , magnifying glass small … its nuts .
    I feel like I should be in a unibomber shack throwing feces at critters that get too close … but of course I have a camera or I wouldn't dare make such crazy sounding statements . I even thought I found a Dalton point made of lime stone … brushed it off a bit and it was a bird in flight - wing in downstroke … I coulda cried - here I'll post a pic of it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1383.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	1683105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1379.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	1683106

this one is a dove like bird but has multiple little birds carved in it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1375.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	1683107

some are pretty small but well carved for the size Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1105.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	1683108

and I mean a lot of them ... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1364.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	1683109

I hereby publicly apologize to anyone I ever made fun of for seeing stuff in rocks .... some of these are just too obvious for me to attempt any form of denial anymore and yes if you want to see any particular kind I have mentioned just ask and I'll shoot and post …. I am currently overwhelmed with all the cleaning and inspecting I have to do but I will pick out and quick clean any requested types as best I can.

Sorry if this comes off as crazy but cant find much about them that I would take as any kind of fact or who made them … so if anyone has any knowledge or experience with these I would love to hear it … and if you find this subject a little too taboo or embarrassing to post here feel free to message me privately and it will be our little secret …
    Inspector likes this.

us
    May 2014
    Eastern Shore Maryland
    4055 times
    Banner Finds (1)

odd relics

All of them are natural rocks just your imagination ... especially if you have in your mind a specific shape you will see things that aren’t artifacts just natural formed rocks
    Btw- is that a laundry tub filled ?? That’s a lot of rocks
    Last edited by arrow86; Feb 20, 2019 at 10:40 PM.
    lairmo likes this.
    I would rather see an authentic broken scraper posted than a G-10 Artifake!

us
    Oct 2018
    middle Tennessee
    Garrett
    26 times
    little more detail to the crazy site aforementioned …. I also found rock stacks that have been hand stacked as some kind of markers … I don't think they are grave sights as they are mostly on steep hills and some are right on top rocky outcroppings that would be easy to bury someone in … this one is typical of the ones I've found around the area . All of the above collected relics are surface finds after a mudslide happened on one of the hills all of them are out of context . I need to do a controlled dig to see what context they may be in … I'm a little Leary that it may be a burial ground marked by the rock stacks … pic for reference Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0696.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	4.44 MB 
ID:	1683127Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0696.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	4.44 MB 
ID:	1683127 and that these relics might be grave goods as most don't seem to have much use as tools or weapons … thoughts … suggestions ...
    lairmo likes this.

us
    Oct 2018
    middle Tennessee
    Garrett
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arrow86 View Post
    All of them are natural rocks just your imagination ... especially if you have in your mind a specific shape you will see things that aren’t artifacts just natural formed rocks
    Btw- is that a laundry tub filled ?? That’s a lot of rocks
    you could be right , but just in case … I'm going to clean and post a few of the better ones that I couldn't convince myself to accept as natural … and yes that's a laundry basket lol like the song says … you may be right -- I may be crazy

but try to keep an open mind until tomorrow evening when I find and post some of better ones … its too late tonight I'll wake the little ones up - but after work I'll get some better ones up

us
    Oct 2018
    middle Tennessee
    Garrett
    26 times
    on yet another crazy note … I also notice that there is nothing modern to be seen around this area , not even a hint of hunting parties like this area was sacred or maybe taboo who knows … but this is a well know area for artifacts and I find more modern stuff all around the area but nothing around this site later than middle archaic or so , no wood land , no flakes or modern flint workings … nothing but odd relics of some kind of bird cult lol

us
    May 2014
    Eastern Shore Maryland
    4055 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Any civil war battles take place around there ?
    I would rather see an authentic broken scraper posted than a G-10 Artifake!

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
    3000 times
    Nary an artifact in the lot. All natural rocks.
    Watch for Motorcycles

us
    Oct 2018
    middle Tennessee
    Garrett
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arrow86 View Post
    Any civil war battles take place around there ?
    oddly yea , more than a few . There was only skirmish's where the site itself is according to local library .

us
    Oct 2018
    middle Tennessee
    Garrett
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherDaGold View Post
    Nary an artifact in the lot. All natural rocks.
    I haven't posted very good examples yet … I should have waited until I cleaned some better ones to post but jumped the gun a bit …. I have some that will be very hard to deny - so try to keep an open mind until you see some better ones

us
    Oct 2018
    middle Tennessee
    Garrett
    26 times
    you think the stacked stones are from civil war era soldiers ? I have not found any war relics in this particular area but I have not metal detected the site
    lairmo likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
    3000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdt1966 View Post
    I haven't posted very good examples yet … I should have waited until I cleaned some better ones to post but jumped the gun a bit …. I have some that will be very hard to deny - so try to keep an open mind until you see some better ones
    Unlikely that I, or others will affirm your rocks as being artifacts. They are rocks. Native Americans took great pride in their art. They didn't craft objects to be subjective or open to interpretation.
    It's a bird or it's a rock.
    It's a turtle or it's a rock.
    It's a fish or it's a rock.
    There's no in-between
    lairmo likes this.
    Watch for Motorcycles

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33414 times
    Sorry, no artifacts in pictures posted. I am afraid your imagination is leading you astray.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    Treasure every day!

Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2638 times
    Relic Hunting
    Stacked rocks, bent trees, ceremonial thunderbird carvingsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190217_132544.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	1683197cats paw print from my porch painting project.
    lairmo, Toecutter and A2coins like this.

Sep 2013
    New England
    Garrett AT Pro; F75
    1168 times
    I will use a discussion from Seinfeld between Jerry and Elaine talking about Jerry's obsessions when Elaine says to Jerry; " You're just a quirk or two from full blown dementia". Nice rocks.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4731 times
    I bet your stacked rocks are a previous form of boundary (property) line marker...
    A2coins likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links