NEW AND IMPROVED Face Effigy - Now with more teeth!!

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reputational risk of posting yet another “face effigy” isn’t lost on me. I wrote off effigies a few days ago when my first was quickly discredited. I was happy to write it off, confident I’d never be put in the same awkward position. Yet here I am three days later forced to post this “face” for your likely amusement. The only thing that compels me is a grain of clear quartz firmly wedged in the “mouth.”

Thanks for weighing in. Today I was with Quartzite Keith who gave me a hard lesson in the tricks Mother Nature can play. But if this is another trick, Mother Nature is downright cruel.

72F78A76-80B9-4468-B049-559958064EAE.jpeg

843491A0-D652-4D3D-9867-C0AF161D925C.jpeg

F7D093FD-DDA7-48EC-819F-EEABC6927096.jpeg

695BCF83-BF13-46AD-B8DF-EBBBB854FFAC.jpeg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not surprising to see a quartz crystal. It formed in the void of the air pocket which surrounds it. It grew out of the massive quartz surrounding it.

Quartzite Keith

Dec 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lordy. I leave you alone for a few hours and this is what you come up with? 100% natural but one of the coolest "face rocks" I've ever seen. I like the Jeckyl and Hyde feature. The first picture (left facing profile) that dude looks all chill, like you want to have a beer with him. Then you turn it over and, oh my, the monster is revealed! You need to mount that somewhere on your hill top as the guardian spirit of that site.

I actually got a few points out of those rocks I took home. I'll try to get pictures in the knapping section tomorrow.

OP
OP
kyphote

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lordy. I leave you alone for a few hours and this is what you come up with? 100% natural but one of the coolest "face rocks" I've ever seen. I like the Jeckyl and Hyde feature. The first picture (left facing profile) that dude looks all chill, like you want to have a beer with him. Then you turn it over and, oh my, the monster is revealed! You need to mount that somewhere on your hill top as the guardian spirit of that site.

I actually got a few points out of those rocks I took home. I'll try to get pictures in the knapping section tomorrow.

Your wisdom is infinite lithic-wise, but my dentist has final say on this one.

Glad they worked out, yes pics!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread