Unique Waterfall

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few weeks ago someone took me metal detecting out in the middle of nowhere. One of the places we stopped had an old rock foundation but there was so much junk iron and pieces of sheet metal it just wasn't a good hunt though I'm sure if someone had several days and loads of dedication they could eventually clean it up enough to find some good stuff there.

But the real reason for this post is to share a couple of pics I snapped of the truly unique waterfall that was just a short distance behind it. Look close and you'll see the guy that showed me this place.

One of the great things about this hobby is sometimes on days like this we might not find anything good with our metal detectors but end up finding something truly spectacular and unexpected that nature has created.

I can only imagine how long it took for this waterfall to mineralize a ramp all the way to the bottom. You can even get in behind the ramps which makes them all the more amazing. If you look closely at the second photo you will see the guy who took me there which will also provide you with a bit of scale.

20190331_153828.jpg

20190331_154042.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread