Giant axe?

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20191117_152121567_HDR.jpg IMG_20191117_151912032_HDR.jpg IMG_20191117_152101761_HDR.jpg

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, what it is I have no idea, looks like a something to me though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, it is just a large rock.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one side looks kinda interesting. Kinda like reduction flakes. But then glacial till and river tumble can cause similar fractures. I agree though it is worth speculating over and wondering. In this case as many you may never know.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be fair it is a large rock that could be used as an axe by a uncreative indian. This would save him a lot of work though probably gain him little in the way of regard amongst his fellow heathans..

Only problem with "could be" is every rock found might of been touched but with out signs of being touched and or used it doesnt fit in indian artifact forum, no offense meant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
If you think about needing a tool to render a wounded bison or other large animal dead it would require a rather serious blow. I'm not sure as to the type of material this rock is composed of. I'm sure they also had dead fall traps that were used. It appears to me that it has been minimally worked to facilitate some sort of hafting.

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only problem with "could be" is every rock found might of been touched but with out signs of being touched and or used it doesnt fit in indian artifact forum, no offense meant.

I have no doubt lazy Indians might have just strapped anything to a stick and went out. Some may even have to do it out of necessity. Any old rock could do.

As for the rest of it. I'm sure a lot of work was simply a matter of status.

If you can make/posses fine stones and kill more people with them you were on the top. It goes on a sliding scale from there.

It was all status and getting the best women for your trouble.

All through history craftsmen have been held in high regard by those who know, but every culture also has its rednecks who reject all that.

As for this rock in particular. Who knows, just like everything its worth whatever someone will pay.

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are you calling me a snowflake? No offense taken.

If you mess with artifacts you are surrounded by thousands of epic stories, none of which can be told. The simplest of tools may hide the most epic of desperate secrets. All lost to time.

Unknowable

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Are you calling me a snowflake? No offense taken.

If you mess with artifacts you are surrounded by thousands of epic stories, none of which can be told. The simplest of tools may hide the most epic of desperate secrets. All lost to time.

Unknowable

:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'd like to have some of the board planks shown in the pic.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freemindedclark, I really wished that you lived close enough to me or another member that collects relics, so that one of us{or more} could show you lots of relics in person, let you feel and see them in person and then take you out and hopefully help you find some real artifacts. Please, don't give up and don't be discouraged about comments on your finds. You will not learn without asking questions and being open to the answers. Keep looking. Good things will happen!

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
Freemindedclark, I really wished that you lived close enough to me or another member that collects relics, so that one of us{or more} could show you lots of relics in person, let you feel and see them in person and then take you out and hopefully help you find some real artifacts. Please, don't give up and don't be discouraged about comments on your finds. You will not learn without asking questions and being open to the answers. Keep looking. Good things will happen!

That would be an education I wish I could get. At the same time I'm not a complete novice. Look at some of my old threads. I have found many real life artifacts. I guess I sometimes let my imagination get away from me.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too big to be an axe Paul bunton might like it rocks come in almost every shape known to man good to get opinions s ya never know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions