Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a group of natural rocks, plus a fossil and a piece of modern sewer pipe. Keep looking. Look for materials that look different than those.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, honest to god guys, I'm trying to to be disrespectful.

But, take this example:

https://www.alamy.com/flints-prime-...eleen-sittard-stadswegske-image344560709.html

qMYDbIv.png

And my example:

PxBkiX2.jpg

They look kind of similar, no?

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just give me a break? I've done hours upon hours of research?

I mean, am I wrong here? I don't know? I'm new at this?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of your finds posted are artifacts. Why would you think the one with penny is a point other that it has a point?

Last edited:

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
The Alarmy items you've posted (takes too long to wait for oversized pictures to download & then play with image sizer) are unmistakably artifacts. In European archaeological terminology, they are "points." (That is, they taper to points in outline -- a category which has nothing to do with whether or not they were hafted.

The Alarmy examples are awls or borers.

Yours are similar in form, but seem to bde made of very poor materials, making them dubious as artifracts.

FWIW

Last edited:
OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Alarmy items you've posted (takes too long to wait for oversized pictures to download & then play with image sizer) are unmistakably artifacts. In European archaeological terminology, they are "points." (That is, they taper to points in outline -- a category which has nothing to do with whether or not they were hafted.

Yours are similar in form, but seem to bde made of very poor materials, making them dubious as artifracts.

FWIW

http://www.paleoanthro.org/static/journal/content/PA20090003.pdf

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

FWIW

Thanks, by the way, for your (now-edited) comments before you caved to the "oh this guys a newb screw him he doesn't know what he's talking about" crowd...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions