OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doesn't appear to be an "axe" per-se, but the thing may have been used a little as a hand axe.
Does appear that the overall thickness, wouldn't allow it to be hafted with a handle,
and used for heavier jobs.
The rock has laminations, that would slab off if really clobbered at the end.
Shape looks like, but no, it isn't.
Stream-warn edges..............

The cement stuff on the portions of the bottom edge, you have to see this stuff with your own eye. It's like, granular concrete? It's, weird...

Working on a macro-lense for my Iphone, there's some features you can't just pick up on in the pictures, hopefully I can get some super HD shots here soon.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures of rocks shaped like an axe does not make it an axe.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
*Agree with the move to Geofact, I'll start posting in here from now on (until I get some certified cred...)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Agree with the move to Geofact, I'll start posting in here from now on (until I get some certified cred...)

You can post in artifact forum to learn, just dont get upet when a thread is moved to geofact. You need to learn to look for signs of of being worked, posting strictly because of shape most times will lead you astray, it is like seeing shapes in the clouds.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can post in artifact forum to learn, just dont get upet when a thread is moved to geofact. You need to learn to look for signs of of being worked, posting strictly because of shape most times will lead you astray, it is like seeing shapes in the clouds.

When it comes to NA, I will agree with you 100%.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread