OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a River Fisherman, I study Rivers a lot.

Does anyone else get what I'm talking about with "Retention Piles?"

Or is this something the Archeological community has completely overlooked?

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You say this place is an amazing resource yet you disagree with everyone in it. You have a rock, nothing more, nothing less.

I disagree with most, not all.

You have a bunch of NA guys commenting on pieces that likely aren't NA. I don't blame them a bit.

"NA-Speaking" they're 100% correct...

JKicker

Jul 10, 2017
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Minelab X Terra 705
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who all that has responded to this post is an expert in Adena/Pre-Adena peoples?

So you've pulled a rock that is an archaic or paleo effigy based solely on context that it was found in a river not far from an adena site? Burden of proof is on you, not the other people on this forum to state their credentials.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So you've pulled a rock that is an archaic or paleo effigy based solely on context that it was found in a river not far from an adena site? Burden of proof is on you, not the other people on this forum to state their credentials.

True. But I'm curious....

JKicker

Jul 10, 2017
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Minelab X Terra 705
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True. But I'm curious....

And when people list their credentials, years of field studies, years of scholastic studies in preshistoric people of north america, then tell you its a rock, what will your next response be? It must be older then, maybe extraterrestrial?

Keep in mind, your original argument was the association with adena sites.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And when people list their credentials, years of field studies, years of scholastic studies in preshistoric people of north america, then tell you its a rock, what will your next response be? It must be older then, maybe extraterrestrial?

Keep in mind, your original argument was the association with adena sites.

My next response would be to meet them in person and go over the finite details of a few of the things I've found.

Can you tell I've done this before?

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a River Fisherman, I study Rivers a lot.

Does anyone else get what I'm talking about with "Retention Piles?"

Or is this something the Archeological community has completely overlooked?

Seriously, I almost went to School for Hydraulic Engineering. I study Rivers (and sediment distribution).

Does anyone here have a clue what I'm talking about? (Honestly, this is something I think a lot of you are missing out on).

Last edited by a moderator:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pride goeth before the grim realization that it is indeed only a rock.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me guess, I'm going to respond "yes", then you're going to show me all of your "worked" pieces (that were made solely for hunting) and claim you're an expert, right?

Well considering Grim has been hunting decades before you were born the answer is yes.

There are over 1700 years of Native American Artifact experience here and yet you challenge every time someone tells you your rock is simply a rock. You have also insulted the forum and called it's members narrow minded because they want agree with your rocks.

"your original post was "Anyone else see it? The scale-pattern on the body, the narrow (angled) head, the mouth (bottom)? Is that orange pigment ochre? Or just another rock". Multiple members have answered your question, just another rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions