Blue-Green Axe

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minecraft and stone hand fit reference were obviously meant to be facetious. If that was not how it came across and I need to account for the lowest common denominator, then I offer you my most sincere apologies.

So your supporting argument is that a stone tool cannot be crudely produced so it can not be a tool? Think about your first attempt at anything. Was the product of that effort equal to the same task after gaining years of experience? Are ALL stone tools created equally across all peoples and all timeframes?

Regarding your other view, it does not matter if this stone tool does not meet your knowledge of tool classifications for North American stone tools created in the last 10,000+ years.

Craftmanship and misclassification does not discount evidence of the stones obvious hand shaping.

I sure hope your "NA tool kit" reference is not an attack on my person. I am going to assume it's not, and whish you a good day.

Good day,

Ken...

Ken, there is nothing in the pictures to suggest it has ever been touched by ancient man, a rock an Indian picked up and threw at a bird to kill it for food would be an artifact, but with out proof it was used or touched it can't be called or labeled an artifact. There is over 2100 years of members collecting experience here, members are trying to help you. We often get new collectors who will argue their rocks are artifact because of how they fit their hand or the shape mother nature made them, they are still just rocks or geofacts.

People can either collect rocks that have no signs of ever being touched by man or collect artifacts, those you have shown so far are simply rocks with natural weathering.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Node

Greenie
Jul 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The feedback provided so far is superficial. I was asked to provide reasons why this stone is man modified and I did that. What I get back is flack for having a constructed opinion. This should be a place to share knowledge and not be a platform for hating. I have no issues acknowledging any advice that provides validation that this stone is naturally formed. I have not seen any. And in light of that I would appreciate it if this post was moved back into the Native American Artifacts form which it was originally posted.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
I could light your candle for your use of the word hating.
This is a site of like-minded people, adults.
Juvenile whining is not encouraged, though I may be deleted for saying so.
Why would someone already expert bother to post here?
An open mind may lead somewhere.

you have a natural rock

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
If you want a definitive answer, do as I suggested earlier. Take it to a qualified professional.

Time for more coffee.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Minecraft and stone hand fit reference were obviously meant to be facetious. If that was not how it came across and I need to account for the lowest common denominator, then I offer you my most sincere apologies.

So your supporting argument is that a stone tool cannot be crudely produced so it can not be a tool? Think about your first attempt at anything. Was the product of that effort equal to the same task after gaining years of experience? Are ALL stone tools created equally across all peoples and all timeframes?

Regarding your other view, it does not matter if this stone tool does not meet your knowledge of tool classifications for North American stone tools created in the last 10,000+ years.

Craftmanship and misclassification does not discount evidence of the stones obvious hand shaping.

I sure hope your "NA tool kit" reference is not an attack on my person. I am going to assume it's not, and whish you a good day.

Good day,

Ken...

Many times over the past 6 decades I have picked up a rock and thought has it been used? Then I come to the realization it might have but probably not.
Though the question begs "what is Minecraft?"

I thought I knew a tad about indigenous implements/points but coming on theses forms has set the realization in that I know squat to compared to the readership. I see that they're trying their hardest to explain, guild, answer the queries of all.

Yes it's kind of frustrating to hear that a find is a nothing more than a rock, or a common something.
Though, through patience and acceptance, of the widely diverse knowledge base as on these forums it has helped me (even being an old dog) that one can learn more than what time allows us to have to dedicate to one single subject.

Best of luck on your quest in finding out the answers you're seeking.

OP
OP
N

Node

Greenie
Jul 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a site of like-minded people, adults.
Could not agree more. Could be something in the Ethernet here or maybe the sites light theme has something to do with it.

If you want a definitive answer, do as I suggested earlier. Take it to a qualified professional

Does anyone here have any feedback with using qualified professional services (Native American Artifacts) ;)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
actually, some of the folks that have posted here already are qualified professionals...

OP
OP
N

Node

Greenie
Jul 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually, some of the folks that have posted here already are qualified professionals...

This statement could only be true if you omitted the context, which you did.

This thread keeps getting better and better. You Cannot pay for entertainment of this quality.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The feedback provided so far is superficial. I was asked to provide reasons why this stone is man modified and I did that. What I get back is flack for having a constructed opinion. This should be a place to share knowledge and not be a platform for hating. I have no issues acknowledging any advice that provides validation that this stone is naturally formed. I have not seen any. And in light of that I would appreciate it if this post was moved back into the Native American Artifacts form which it was originally posted.

Native American Artifact Forum is for Indian artifacts, the topic rock is not an artifact, there are no signs at all of it being worked by man so it was moved to our geofact forum by moderator and will not be moved back.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
I have to say, the geofact forum was a brilliant and welcome addition to T-net. It allows those who are interested in the topic to share their images and opinions with like minded folk without ridicule.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006

Very true. I, however, am an amateur with some, but not extensive, experience, having inherited a small collection some years ago. I also collected many hundreds of arrowheads when I was a kid, back when the world was young, and Neanderthals still roamed the earth.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Very true. I, however, am an amateur with some, but not extensive, experience, having inherited a small collection some years ago. I also collected many hundreds of arrowheads when I was a kid, back when the world was young, and Neanderthals still roamed the earth.

I KNEW them! great neighbors with great family values!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread