North American Indian Fire Stone ?

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are plenty of genuine artifacts and reputable sellers on eBay. However, eBay should certainly never be used as a source of authentification. Far too many fakes. Far too many geofacts being hawked as artifacts. If one finds a rock that one mistakenly thinks is an artifact, chances are good one can find an eBay seller who made the same mistake, or con, since some know what they sell is not an artifact.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It is natural. I have found hundreds of nutting/fire starters. That is not one. Cool though

it would be great if you would post a great example, pointing out the differences... we see so, so many of these.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your nice recovery

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is natural. I have found hundreds of nutting/fire starters. That is not one. Cool though
Garscale we would like to see some of your nutting and fire starters so we can see the difference.

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If its an omar, how did nature erode the hole out smooth and left the rest of the stone with angled edges and a somewhat rough bottom? The picture of omars are smooth and eroded all the way around. It's like showing a picture of a Volkswagen Beetle beside a Cadillac and saying they are the same.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This video shows Indian starting a fire and what looks like a rock on top to put pressure on the wood shaft.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This video shows Indian starting a fire and what looks like a rock on top to put pressure on the wood shaft.

Yessir. I have found them with high polish from a spinning shaft. I have also seen grooved axes with bow drill holes. I just don't think the one you posted is an example.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread