ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds, look like manmade artifacts to me. Thanks for sharing. Hope someone comes along who can I.D. them. Thanks for posting.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all appear to be natural concretions to me.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some nice Hagstones in there but I agree all are natural. If they were artifacts you wouldn't be finding "buckets" of them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, all are natural, like Newman said, you do have what looks like a nice collection of hag stones....

OP
OP
I

imbriaj

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found alot of these artifacts
I beleive they are Paleoindian but not sure
does anybody have any knolwedge of what they may be?

I found out from Vermont Museum that they are not Paleoindian they were made by Native Indians and used for Pendants and totems.
Thank you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not artifacts, they are natural including the hag stones, thread moved to geofact forum.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not sure museums are the best place to get artifacts authenticated. Most do not have paleontologists, archeologists, and related field experts on staff. Many have these types of professionals as consultants or limited part time basis. Some very large well known museums do have these types on staff but it is unlikely you could stroll in with a box of rocks and get them to sit down and examine them. A local museum here has very nice display of arrowheads & spear points hanging on the wall. All repo's but shown as authentic.

OP
OP
I

imbriaj

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are Natural how did they get their shape and whole made the holes and the designs?

OP
OP
I

imbriaj

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke to and archaeologist and the only thing natural is the material they used
I would rather beleive the Archaeologist thank you any way.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are Natural how did they get their shape and whole made the holes and the designs?

Shaped by Water erosion, and while they were being eroded by water passing over them there was an inclusion (fossil, pebble, etc) that eventually fell away/out and then eons of years of water passing through the hole making larger.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get a letter of authenticity signed by that archy. Put them on Ebay and make a killing. There is a sucker born every minute.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke to and archaeologist and the only thing natural is the material they used
I would rather beleive the Archaeologist thank you any way.

I for one believe you. People on this forum have been wrong before (myself included).

Just a couple of follow up questions:

- You indicated a archaeologist examined your cool finds, what was their name and out of what University did/do they work?

- You also mentioned that "Vermont museum" examined them and determined them to be Native American, who was the curator who examined them and at what Vermont Museum were they examined?

- I see you are listed as being in Florida, did they examine them in person in Vermont? Are they going to be putting them on display for a time?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread