Klein 531/595 Side Scan Parts and Pieces

underc

Dec 13, 2005
Edgewood, WA
Hello all. I have a grunch of Klein stuff purchased from the widow of an old friend in Seattle. I don't know if anyone is familiar with the name Jon Jolly, but I purchased all of the miscellaneous stuff from Ruth, his widow, several years ago. The unfortunate part is... there was no fish with the systems. I have since purchased a 500 KHz fish for my system, but have yet to get it wet. I have a 531 console, 531T console, hand winch, spools of armored tow cable, many spares for the consoles, and some extra accessories for the 531's (606 and 611). I also have a sub-bottom profiler (tri-fish) and a K-vane depressor.

The purpose of this new string is to try to find anyone that may have more parts that they may want to part with (huh?). I am a hobbyist and don’t have a Shiite-load of money, but what I do have is sonar experience (Submarine/ Minesweeper/ ROV/ Survey) and am a 35 year Electronics Technician. This enables me to repair circuit cards (2M) and put together parts of systems for my use when I retire from the FAA (9 years). Maybe you have an old flooded fish or some burnt up boards sitting on a shelf. I am interested in anything and would rather barter than let go of cash. Also, maybe I can help with some repairs in trade for some pieces. Just about everyone knows someone with parts of these systems. If you want to offload them, I will pay for shipping.

I am interested in the old stuff. I have a 531-T system with a 422S-001F fish and a 532S-001 SBP. I am also interested in the 590 and 595 system stuff since my friend has one of these systems and recently flooded it on a project. He is using my fish, with an adapter cable, to complete his project (he says with crossed fingers).

Drop me a PM or respond to this string. I’m not a stone cold expert on these systems, but I may be able to help. I also have several technical manuals on the 531 system and can look things up for you, if needed. Let’s share some sea-stories about this gear.

I am presently in Oklahoma City for training (Navigation Concepts) and will be back home in the Seattle area at the end of March, so all I can do is tell you what I have to the best of my recollection. I did bring the tech manuals with me, though.

In closing, I know nothing about the digital systems, for I am an old analog pirate and Bubblehead.

Underc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions