Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOPE

Discussions Quickly Get Heated & turn Into ARGIUMENTS, Name Calling & THREATS.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "PMR" Kaloy mentions, is likely the "Precision Master Rod" by Carl Anderson. It is a non-electronic dowsing rod. No, it cannot detect a treasure coated with black tar, or a treasure embedded in rock and buried 12 feet and below, or any treasure at all. It detects gravity, and that is all. (Yes, I own one.)

"Is there a place on Tnet that [LRLs] can be discussed?"

Try the Geotech Remote Sensing forum. It will be kept clean and cordial, no JBlack-type rants, no name-calling.

- Carl

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi Kaloy,

I assume you are from the philippines. Dont know what pmr stands for, but technically, detection depth is relative to target composition , size and composition of the ground it is burried in. This is true with all metal detectors with vlf(very low freq) and pi(pulse induction) circuitry. Most will not work well in highly mineralized ground such as black sand. Even the big two-box detectors will not be able to detect a drum size object at 12ft in ideal soil conditions. Given that your target is within electronic range, the tar coating(as in asphalt?) wont be a problem since i believe it wound absorve the transmitted pulse and allow the contents of the box reflect it as long as it is metallic (ferrous/nonferrous) in nature. the rock wont be a problem as long as the target is within range. The parameters for ground penetrating radar would more or less be the same except for composition of target and soil conditions. Given ideal conditions(it hates wet soiland salt water) GPR should be able detect(reflect) a drum size object at 5-20 ft with a low frequency antenna if space in area allows. Unfortunately it is not a treasure hunter's magic pill. It will detect(reflect) all objects including rocks, bedrock, steel and pvc pipes, soil anomalies etc and will take a skilled operator to interpret the images. HH

God bless,
tagasilay

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl-NC said:
The "PMR" Kaloy mentions, is likely the "Precision Master Rod" by Carl Anderson. It is a non-electronic dowsing rod. No, it cannot detect a treasure coated with black tar, or a treasure embedded in rock and buried 12 feet and below, or any treasure at all. It detects gravity, and that is all. (Yes, I own one.)

"Is there a place on Tnet that [LRLs] can be discussed?"

Try the Geotech Remote Sensing forum. It will be kept clean and cordial, no JBlack-type rants, no name-calling.

- Carl

Thanks CARL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions