USA Runabout by Accurate locators

Jason_05

Sep 13, 2005
Decapolis
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
rezamery said:
Is there anyone who has used or heard anything about USA Runabout or USA Discovery made by Accurate locators?
Please let me know your opinion about them.

Is that applicable for professional treasure hunting especially gold treasure at great depths more than 6 meters?

Hello,

As I had read a similar post on geotech forum , i think they are a cheap copy of OKM devices !!!

who know`s the truth .... ?

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason_05 said:
rezamery said:
Is there anyone who has used or heard anything about USA Runabout or USA Discovery made by Accurate locators?
Please let me know your opinion about them.

Is that applicable for professional treasure hunting especially gold treasure at great depths more than 6 meters?

Hello,

As I had read a similar post on geotech forum , i think they are a cheap copy of OKM devices !!!

who know`s the truth .... ?

reverse engineering of OKM, so I've been told

bga78

Jul 31, 2008
Detector(s) used
goldgun, gemini 3, GMT, Raytech laser
usa runabout are good machine like thier goldgun.

Smoothair1

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2010
just like anything else that detects.. you must read the users manual. yes the equipment does see mineralization and metal objects ferrous and non-ferrous as well as anomalies (voids) within the subsurface. The dept is based on the objects size. Non-ferrous (precious metals) do not have a strong signature so if our looking for a very small object very deep then your image may not look like you found a definite target. you need to look for the consistencies and compare 4-5 scans. look for the spot within the scan that is consistent among previous (exact) scans.. If you own the equipment then you most likely already know this. If your thinking on purchasing or demonstrating this equipment, take the time to talk to one of Accurate Locator's Techs. [email protected] The demonstrations are always free. You'll get to see it work before you put out the money. 3 year warranty and yes technical assistance is always provided.

jesus

May 9, 2009
Hello smothhair 1: Do you have a runabout from accuratelocators?. How it works in relation to okm devices ?, is it better or it is same. I know this devices are magnetometers and the they can not detect or show gold or another not ferrous material. Thanks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no detector that is going to identify gold at that depth.

Jul 31, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you please tell me if there is anything about the runabout that works I have what i see a big waste of money sitting right here and I cant even get it to connect to the geosurveyor software nor is there anyway to even get a update for version 2 please someone help me out here

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears Accurate Locators are out of business, they were a Chinese company making rip off copies of major detector manufacturers. s. Never buy a detector that does not bring up a lot of results when you enter their name in a goggle search. BBB link I found said they are out of business, if you go to their website it gives links for other companies. My suggestion is never buy detectors from a Chinese company as they are rip offs of major manufactures.

Sorry, but I think you are screwed, I can not find any live links to the company.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you please tell me if there is anything about the runabout that works I have what i see a big waste of money sitting right here and I cant even get it to connect to the geosurveyor software nor is there anyway to even get a update for version 2 please someone help me out here

Accurate Locators was originally in Oregon and later in Las Vegas, they were not a Chinese company making copies. They sold legitimate metal detectors, but they also sold overpriced crap that was pretty useless for treasure hunting. I'm afraid you've got the overpriced crap.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Accurate Locators was originally in Oregon and later in Las Vegas, they were not a Chinese company making copies. They sold legitimate metal detectors, but they also sold overpriced crap that was pretty useless for treasure hunting. I'm afraid you've got the overpriced crap.

This is why I said Chinese.

https://m.ecvv.com/product/2122365

Also I called the number listed for Accurate Locators and got message it was not a working number.

ADDITIONAL BUSINESS INFORMATION
Believed to be out of business: According to information in BBB files, it appears that this business is no longer in business.

Check out their website and see where it leads.

http://www6.accuratelocators.com/?t...Detectors&searchbox=0&showDomain=0&backfill=0

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, after Accurate Locators went out of business the Chinese started selling copies of what AL had been selling.

dred283

Feb 27, 2022
I have been using the AL Runabout since 2008. Been quite useful but you need to constantly read and understand the manual to fully utilize all its features.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions