EMFAD UG-12 PRO Emperical Data Request

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
I have the older model and am trying to get it to work on frequencies here in the states. The owner of this unit has been emailing and even sent it to the manufacturers. It never worked correctly sense he bought it. Found out it won't work here in the states because of the frequency. Tried to get the manufacturer to make him a transmitter but they would not only wanted to sell him a newer unit. This has been going on for 2 years that I know of. Support for him has been nothing. Now he gave up and is trying to get it converted to use with lower frequencies. I would not buy anything from this company after watching how he ended up. Be careful if you buy from these guys. If you want to talk with the owner of the unit email me and I will get his email to you so you can hear for yourself.

Tim

OP
OP
B

berkw

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2009
Dear Tim,
Understand your issue with the frequencies, it seems that this was not uncommon depending upon where on the planet surface the older model was used. As I am sure you are aware, there is a supplemental transmitter for the newer model.
It would seem to me, that rather than change the frequency of your unit, you might want to consider investing in a AM Longwave (30-300kHz) radio transmitter with the capability of transmitting in the 44 - 142 kHz bandwidth which is the reception range of the older models. I know that you can modify the circuitry of the AMP88 LP AM transmitter to broadcast in this range. The unit costs less than $90 and can be purchased from the the guys below. You can probably find a similiar unit at a radio shop locally.

NORTH COUNTRY RADIO, PO BOX 200, Hartford NY 12838-0200

Tel 518-854-9280

EMAIL: [email protected]

Internet: http://www.northcountryradio.com

Thanks for the offer of putting me in touch with the old owner, but I am already aware of the return policies of the company.
Best of Luck and Thanks for Your Imput,
Berk

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
Looking for a schematic on the Emfad ug-12 unit for mod. Please email me or PM thanks.

Tim

Agraz

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2010
Center Mexico
Detector(s) used
arsenal
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello: Im interested in diagram for build a EMFAD UG-12 or similar instrument.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread