Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ..

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Cptbild

Oct 2005
    NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
    7 times

Re: Need to move a few cases of 100+ year Old Dynamite. Any Ideas??

Colo. Mike:
    The stuff really does burn!
    I have used it, many times, to heat up a cup of coffee !
    Almost as good as "C-4" !
    But! Old Dynamite is really deadly!
    Just! Picking it up/moving can cause the liquid nitro that has leaked out and settled on the bottom of the sticks,
    To BREAK!
    This causes a really nice LOUD and Destructive sound!
    IT BLOWS UP!

Cptbild & Bugs

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    126 times

Just had a thought, it came to me from a couple of posts and putting two and two together.... instead of tying a rope around it and taking off like a bat outta hell, maybe do the same thing but GENTLY move it as far as you can away from the target before it explodes? Of course try not to have anything in direct line with you that could become a projectile....

ascetic_rose

No site is woth losing your life over. From what I can see you have two choices. The better one is contacting the state government and having them send a disposal team out to take care of it. If you really don't want to do that then buy or make some explosives of your own, very carefully lay them around the case of dynamite not allowing them to touch any of the dynamite or crystals directly, get a few thousand feet away for safety and detonate your explosives. They should set off the dynamite as well, thus removing your problem. If neither of those things are an option then you should just forget about that area.

Just don't try to move it yourself, and don't try to work around it. In fact you might want to avoid touching it at all. Any shock might set them off. Then again it might not. But it isn't worth the risk. Do what you feel is best, but I would hate for you to die because you chose to keep this site a secret and try to move or dispose of the dynamite yourself.

If you would like you can contact me at ascetic_rose@msn.com

us
    Desert Rat

Mar 2006
    Grand Junction Colorado
    Whites TM 808 Equinox 800 Go Find 60
    29 times

Well...sounds like you have one hell of a pickle there mike. I was a wrench in the army for 15 years so i never got to deal with explosives. I'm sure with some research an appropriate solution can be had. I work on an oil rig for weeks at a time in parachute colorado. They use explosives to perforate the wells after they are drilled and before the well can produce. I'll ask around and see what i can find out to help you out.

DW
    Chasing The Past One Marker At A Time...

Dec 2004
    67 times

for a decent percentage of what is under it,, i'll be happy to come soak it in some kerosene for a while and move it any where you want.............g

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    133 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

If you have to ask all the questions you have posed it is about even odds you will kill yourself trying to handle it on your own. I have worked with and around the EOD guys in law enforcement, ARMY and National Guard, and they wouldn't touch the stuff. They'd blow it where it is. If we don't get another post from you we will all know why. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Dec 2005
    S.W. Tennessee
    Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
    6 times

Just throw a match and run for dear life....LOL
    To protect our hobby, always fill the holes you dig.

payday

Re: ..

I would like to know how many cases are there?Any cases broken?Let me know we will work something out.Payday

us
    Dec 2013
    Colorado
    Garrett/White
    131 times
    Gemstone, fossil & rock collecting, gold panning,sluicing,dredging, drywashing, metal detecting
    [QUOTE=wreckdiver1715;154284]Run! very fast[/Q

Some one has a sense of humor ! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links