Want to build/buy Magnetometer for use on Aerial Platform..

Pogmohoin

Jun 20, 2010
Hi All

I was following a thread on the old board via Google >>http://www.treasurenet.com/f/index.php/topic,6462.0.html >> that was getting into the detail I was after.

Cornelius and RGecy are very much into what I am after..

I am a self funded aircraft wreck chaser and interested in a low cost mag that I can geo log. My targets are aircraft engines mainly from a height of 100 ft max..

thoughts? Any one want to sell me a pro or home made mag that will do the job??

Dont worry about mounting to Aircraft.. that is the easy bit!

Cheers

Pog
Australia

AMorgan

Feb 22, 2008
Houston Texas
Low cost and flying dont go together... If you insist on the need to fly the survey, get a quote from an airborne geophysical surveying company. Ground surveying by yourself with a proper instrument will be most likeley the most efficient. In order to locate an aircraft engine, you need to fly a tightly spaced survey... 4X the maximum footprint of your target... so if your engine is 3 feet across, you need to fly 12 feet spacing over the entire area to avoid missing the target. Airplane surveying may not be able to fly 100 feet drape if there is too much variation in terrain. Helicopter surveys might work better if there is rugged terrain. Carson and Fugro Airborne Surveys are two companies that acquire aero mag in Australia... FAS has an office in Perth, im not sure about Carson.

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread