goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Untill i can read the date of an indian at a foot, i'm not buying it...i reaally hope they do...really tired of seeing pop tabs.

HH
-GC

OP
OP
MichaelB

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
Art, I did not. I watched over the shoulder of someone else as they reviewed a replay of the data recorded. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and wanted to really ask some questions but there was a large crowd so I didn't get the chance.

Michael

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
NO joke! IF you want to talk to Dan Woods his number is in the back of the report. If you want to talk to others using the Arc-Geo email me and I will give you some numbers to call.

Dan has told MR. Bob Brewer "Hillbilly Bob KGC" that the Arc-Geo with a TM-808 2-box will see a large target at 25 feet! If you are a relic hunter, you can grid a battle field and join the grids together to see the whole picture and location of every large target and the smaller targets. Pick which one you want to dig first from the largest to the smallest! Using GPS positions on the corners, you can go back for months and KNOW where each target is to dig. You can work a large site on no time.

If you have any question you know where to find me.

Regards,

Tim

Juanito

Mar 24, 2003
Michael, I have used the Geo-Logger extensively and I will happily recommend this instrument for cache hunting.
If you want more info,please send a private message and I will tell you a lot about the use of the Geo - Logger.
Juanito

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep i got one works great for cache hunting it gives a real good read out check it out you will want it .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MichaelB,

The ArcGeo Logger just takes input from a regular metal detector, and displays a picture of what's underground. You would have to purchase a metal detector to use with it. Two Box detectors are best, because they are deepest. It is not a detector itself.

The only problem I have with it, is that it is redundant. If you are already walking your grid with a two box, you will hear it signal as you come across a target. If you stake (or mark) the hit location, and keep marking every hit location in your grid, you will have roughly the same thing (just no pretty 3D image). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Best-Mike

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the logger is good to use because it will show the size of the target and you can dig the larger target first .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, If you are marking the hit spots in the grid you are walking anyway (like stakes or little flags), you will have the same result (just without the pretty graphic).

Mike

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will also show a target about 50 percent deeper than you here it on the speaker so it helps on depth a lot i know this for a fact been there done that .I use it with a two box and a Garret p i with a 36 inch homemade loop works great you have to view grid on a computor .i love it .Bill

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
It will also show ground density changes using the cave mode of the TF-900 and the older TM-808 detectors. Look on the Arc-Geo pro page for some plots using the TM-808 over a septic tank. There is one plot that was done using the GEM II unit which cost 25,000 dollars! Compare the plots and you can see more detail using the TM-808. This is good for finding old graves or privies or large non metal objects.

Tim

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim Williams said:
It will also show ground density changes using the cave mode of the TF-900 and the older TM-808 detectors. Look on the Arc-Geo pro page for some plots using the TM-808 over a septic tank. There is one plot that was done using the GEM II unit which cost 25,000 dollars! Compare the plots and you can see more detail using the TM-808. This is good for finding old graves or privies or large non metal objects.

Tim

Hey Tim,

The TF900 is made by Discovery Electronics, while the TM808 is made by White's. Originally, Discovery made the TM808 for White's, but I understand White's makes it for themselves now.

The big difference between the two was that the Discovery TF900 had automatic ground balancing, while the White's was manual.

Best-Mike

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Real time software is here for the Arc-Geo logger and Pro models. You can see the grid as you walk it out. The Arc-Geo model uses the X, Y mode and the Pro model uses both the X, Y and GPS logging mode. Firmware upgrades are needed. Firmware updates are free under warranty but hardware upgrades are not, sorry. The pro will need a USB upgrade. You can see the X, Y mode video here. The Arc-Geo Mini is not supported at this time because of firmware.

If you have any questions please email me.

Regards and good hunting!

Tim

ColdWar81

Oct 25, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, TM-808, Arc-geo Logger, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geo logger is Sick!!

:icon_thumright:Arc-Geo logger is a great tool too have. I took a trip to Mexico 3 weeks ago and used it with the TM-808 2 box detector. It was fairly easy learning how to use the Geo logger and TM-808 and in no time, I found this.. its an 8x8 in yards. I can see underground BABY YEEE!!!! la chole.PNG

ColdWar81

Oct 25, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, TM-808, Arc-geo Logger, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this!!! So awesome bro. its a must have for finding what your looking for! This is a diff target in the same surrounding area enjoy its small 6x2 in yards!! werwerewrwrew.PNG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions