Night Vision Goggles

D

Diane L.

A surveyor company will help you with that type of doing ........and any body who is invold with thermal and intergrated underground procedures and topical / underground oil type companies dealing with ground resource and or satellite. Bush will help you with those oil questions.Just having fun with the question Shania twang is on now, so I have to go now!I'm having a party!
By the way..God Bless Our Troops and those who protect us from harm...That means Police..CI.A. F.B.I...U.C.D.
I Salute your efforts and God Bless the drivers for Na scar....The AIR force,Army,Navy, Coast Guard,National Guards, and everyother armed forces out there.....For Sure!!!! WE LOVE YOU And HONOR BE WITH YOU ALL!
With? my Greatest honor!!! Diane L. ;) ;D I hope the capitals ain't bad they are meant to be heard by all..with the same wonderful feelings!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night vision goggles will not help with that type of search, all NVG?s do is amplify ambient light (natural and man made), turning the night to a green day. The device that will help with detecting body heat is an Infrared scope. Most military and some police aircraft are equipped with a FLIR or forward looking infrared camera that displays heat contrast on a video screen, even some of our air to ground and air to air missiles are equipped with this technology. However, they are limited as to the depth of earth and water that they can see through. We have used this technology to find people buried in shallow graves, and in the search for drowning victims that are still below the surface. It is not likely that we could see anything buried as deep as you suggest.
But we do rule the night.

A

amxgerry

i bought night vision for the same reason,and i couldnt detect the heat from my generator exhaust. from what i have read near infra red is the only one that may detect a tunnel opening..(maybe)

gerry

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Have you tried just a simple Digital Surface Thermometer? Like the ones they use for detecting the temperture of race tires... I know the temperture in the shadows are going to be cooler then in the sun, but if there was a defference that you could see with inferred, this device should see it by scanning acrossed a braod area.... :-\
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hi There Dudes!
Try a? "AimSHOT"!? ?Heatsearcher !
I have the Model HS3500B!
It will spot a? less than? :o? one degree temp. difference? ?:o at 300-500 yds and beyond!
Plus it has a laser light to show you the exact area!
And It can be adjusted to....Oh! Well! check the company's website!
And you'll see...what I mean!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Probably the easiest would be to shoot IR Film!
Kodak has a new IR Film that came out last summer!
It is a whole lot easier to handle... no more low temp problems? :o? with shooting, processing, & etc.
You'll need to buy a bunch of rolls to practice with and use of the different IR Filters!
But!
It is a good way to spot? ?::)? any temp differences!
It comes in both color and B/W !
For spotting temp differentails I'd use the B/W !
Also, write or call Kodak in NY and ask for their booklets on IR Shooting!
It is! Different than using regular film!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me under NVG's, pic shot with a digital camera modified with NVG.

Attachments

• Tom under NVG 03.jpg
    Tom under NVG 03.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,649
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: Yes, I know that they exist since I have found their Tayopa. What I am looking for is data that I may not have. Published documents or referable articles or documents. I.E Factual data, not just rumors or plain stories.

Tropical Tramp

p.s. Yes night vison goggles could help my finding two of the deposits IF they actually work.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
RealdeTayopa:

Hay! I didn't see that PART! in your "post" ::)
Did I ?
If that's what you want.....
Go to The U of A ...
Spain, Deposited 500,000 colonial documents there, I believe it was, last year!
I hope you read The OLD Spanish !

aarthrj3811:
Night Vision Goggles ONLY amplify the existing light !
That Light being, Moon and Starlight !
That is why, they are/were some times called "Starlight Goggles/scopes" !
Do not confuse them with IR (Infrared) devices!
Or!
With
Thermo Sensing Devices !
All three operate differently/separately !
1..Amplifies light
2..Sees only in the infrared spectrum
3..Measures/registers, heat differences or measure actual temperature!
Night Vision goggles are of the first kind !

Agraz

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2010
Center Mexico
Detector(s) used
arsenal
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello, I have monocular Night Vision, Yukon, This work or not...
Can I use for survey gold cahce?

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
Captbill is correct. I use a HD camera I converted to true IR with a 720nm filter. I use it in a plane to fly over and video. Or video the side of mountains. It will show you vegetation differences. It shows where old trails where people passed over a long time and the vegetation does not grow as in places not traveled. Look on my site for the camera http://lrlman.com/zi8.htm. I also have videos on youtube from the link.

regards,

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread