Rutilated quartz, how to find (GPR) ????

Betodearaujo

Jun 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a mining region of rutilated quartz, I wonder if you could use a GRP (ground penetration radar) to help us locate these crystals.

The soil here (ground) is composed of:
- 0-3 mts - Clay - soft soil
- 3-6 mts - rock - hard
- And so on repeating

The crystals can be found on any type of soil, but in most cases with the rocks from 3 to 40 meters.

Today we locate this: think small crystals and then "follow them" to see if we have the great luck to find big crystals. It's trial and error.

The question is if I could find quartz using GPR, or another, and would reach?

I would also indicate to me models of appliances and antennas, and possibly cheaper solutions, because we do not have much money to employ.

And excuse me for my poor English.

Rutilated.jpg

Antonio Araujo

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
GPR might disclose the depth of the rock layers, but GPR usually doesn't penetrate clay very well so ordinary physical sampling methods will probably do as well at much lower cost. The GPR is not likely to identify the quartz specifically.

Those are some beautiful specimens!

GPR hay posibilidad que indice la profundidad de las rocas. Desafortunadamente GPR usualmente no ve bien por barra, por eso los ordinarios metodos de sacar muestras a lo mejor seran preferidos, dando cuenta a los costos. El GPR no identificara especificamente el cuarzo.

Gracias por los fotos, son especiminas muy bonitas.

--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread