metal detector for surface objects in deep grass or brush

lookingahead

Aug 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to metal detection. My interest is detecting metal posts, re-enforcement cement rod, wire, etc that is ''buried' or 'hidden' in deep grass or brush in front of my tractor as I mow fields. All items would be above ground and ready to puncture my tractor tires or fuel tank. It would be great to 'view' an area 15 feet wide and 10 or mow feet ahead of the tractor. I only go 1-3 mph. A screen to identify objects would be great as there is lots of machine noise in thus enviroment. Anyone have ideas on what to use to accomplish this?

Talking to some people who clear parking lots of snow, if something could also be used to 'locate' cement curbs, islands, it would save them repairing cement and plow blades.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, to my knowledge nothing like that is on the market at any price. Eric Foster in England has done some custom work along those lines but his services don't come cheap, at least I hope they don't.

--Dave J.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think any good metal detector out there today could fine what your looking for,basically your wanting to find "treasure",something that we are all looking for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread