2 box

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be putting this on wrong thread. If I am please let me know. I would like to know what you think of 2 boxes. Say a Fisher compared to a Whites. I would like something to go maybe 10ft and be able to detect shallow caves. I know these are cheap units. But for the price are they capable of this. I know what the salesman says - but would prefer someones personal experience.

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank- you for your replies. I will do some research on the Fisher-m Scope. This is very high mineralized soil. A dumb question maybe but why is Fisher's 2-box in boxes and others are coiled at ends. Whats the difference there?

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't find the Fisher m-scope on net. Are there some numbers with that?

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a Whites TM 808. Price was right. Thanks

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I hit on a old stove and water heater buried 8 ft. down with no adjusting. That was in auto mode. Followed a old gas line buried/ don't know depth but small size pipe. I've read some people say good things. Thats what makes it so hard to buy is you can always find two opposites sides of opinions. I do appreciate yours though. I plan on doing alot of testing. I have a spectra v3i and I dowse . What I'm actual more interested in it doing is finding voids. You ever do that with yours?

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Franklin. I'll have to look into that later. A little to expensive for me at this time. Don't really need that depth. Hopefully what I bought will do the trick. Must learn how to use it though (always the hard part for me). I was told with this unit if you take it out off ground balance it will find voids by showing changes in ground condition. I'm calling Whites on Mon. to discuss.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We also work in highly mineralized soil. We talked to our White's rep and he told us how to dial our 808 down so it won't hit on hot rocks. Have had no problems since. We have also used the Arc Geo mini logger with it and had good success but the software is a bear to deal with. If you have the money get the Arc Geo not the mini. The Arc Geo works with a 3D software that gives you incredible definition.

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tm 808 not finding voids. We also don't think ground here is high mineralized like i thought, just sandy. Whites said for 808 to show voids it would have to have lots of mineralzation. Hope I can return this as guy gave me impression this would work for voids like the cave mode on 800s. It is not the same thing. Yea I'd like to get a arc-logger but just don't have the money for both. So now I am on hunt for Discovery tf 900 or Whites tm800. Darn it

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for everyones advice. I am not looking into all the above mentioned things. Learning, learning.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Ocean:

I recommend DEEP TREASURE AND CACHE LOCATION WITH FISHER GEMINI-3 DEEP
SEARCH TWO-BOX METAL DETECTOR
by Stephen Ryland - even if you didn't purchase that particular model.

For many years Steve ran "Calgold" - and he was quite a successful treasure hunter.

Chances are one of the TN vendors stocks this book. There just isn't a lot of two-box literature out there. And if Steve wrote it, it's worth reading.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

PS: By "voids" are you seeking caves or caverns? Wouldn't those be located with a device such as ground penetrating radar and not a metal detector?

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
Im looking for meteorite in canyon with mud and trees in bottom. The ortorford meteorite. And on ocean floor off contanental shelf. Strait out from ort orford. What do you think made those tracks. Check them out there a trip. The look off south america. Some thing iis tresure hunting industerly

OP
OP
O

Ocean

Nov 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bookaroo -Thanks for name of book. I will try to find it. Your right, not much out there on two boxes. I did really like the one I had for 2 wks. before returning. I think it was defective as the meter didn't work on it and it always showed ground balance the same (meaning no matter where I was it didn't need balanced) But with air test it picked up a lawn mower 5' x 2 1/2' at 10' away. Yes a GPR would be fantastic but of course the cost is beyond me. I believe this tunnel is not far underground. I don't need to go 30 or 60' so thought/hoped a two box would show the difference in mineralization when past over tunnel. My research is showing mixed reviews as to weather the old cave mode two boxs would do this. So its back to the drawing board, ha.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi ocean try to get information on a wagon well, thats what they use to look for water, you might be able to rent one, they make like 2 inches holes on the soil and they go very deep then u use a endoscope some kind a camera that will be hook to a lop top and has light they are not expensive that way you will find a tunnel or cave, endoscopes are like 20 to 50 dls at ebay, and the wagon well will atach pipes one after another and keep drilling the soil. good luck. and if you find it dont forget me lol.

Bookaroo -Thanks for name of book. I will try to find it. Your right, not much out there on two boxes. I did really like the one I had for 2 wks. before returning. I think it was defective as the meter didn't work on it and it always showed ground balance the same (meaning no matter where I was it didn't need balanced) But with air test it picked up a lawn mower 5' x 2 1/2' at 10' away. Yes a GPR would be fantastic but of course the cost is beyond me. I believe this tunnel is not far underground. I don't need to go 30 or 60' so thought/hoped a two box would show the difference in mineralization when past over tunnel. My research is showing mixed reviews as to weather the old cave mode two boxs would do this. So its back to the drawing board, ha.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you pass over a hole with a 2-box you will know it because the sound will go "null". The 2-box like any metal detector works on radio waves. If you send out a radio signal and it has no dirt to pass through you will get nothing on sound or on a meter. There is your hole or tunnel.

wonder if that work the same with garr 2500 with the bloodhound on?

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is fisher 2 box in boxes? well the answer is that fisher gemini or TW-6 are made that many years ago but the difference is that you have a transmitter box at the rear end of the handle and the receptor box at the front side, this is like havin about a 1.6 meter coil, and this gives you a very deep signal, i personally will not prospect for gold meaning treasures or silver without having a 2 box metal locator or detector what ever you want to call it, but according to a friend many metal detectors are regulated to go only certain inches to the soil, and pipe locators or utility locator can't have this regulation so they have to go deep to find even power lines, utility pipes, or even petroleum lines at big corporations or companies, that's one of the reason because can survive without one, and i know how to know when i sense ferrous from non ferrous metals, other thing is tha they will not pick up single coins unless you have it close to the ground and the coin is like at least 3 inches wide facing upwards, i know it sound weird but there is some silver coins or tokens or commemorative coins that are 3 inches wide, any way i wish to tell you more about the 2 box machines but at the moment i can't, but one day i will. oh! almost forgot to tell you that regular round coils at metal detectors have the transmitter and the receptor coils inside the coil case meaning you have 2 coils inside that coil case, a very good sample is the double d coils muy even if is not DD coil type, many coils have TR and TX coils inside, i hope and i was clear explaining about the question why 2 box have 2 boxes, talk to you soon folks.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions