Whites TM 808

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
I will get it done this weekend. I can't find the plot so I will have to redo them. Much rain comming, so I will try Saturday. I'm been busy working on a Mag.

Sorry,

Tim

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
The first plot ahow 2 high target areas. The top spot is a small iron bar and a lead bar. The lower spot is a large iron plate. Remember I said that in cave mode the TM-808 will knock out small iron.

The next plot is the same plot done in cave mode. The smaller iron is gone and now you can see the lead bar. Yet the large iron plate is still in.

Tim

Attachments

• metal_mode.jpg
    metal_mode.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3,043
  • cave_mode.jpg
    cave_mode.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,519

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
I heard today that whites TM-808 will not have a cave mode on the newer detectors. Has anyone else heard anything?

TIm

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: Relax, the cave mode is nothing more than the standard TR mode reacting to ground matrix variations.

When you have it ground balanced, any change in the mineral or condctive ground factor will be indicated, the interpretation is up to you. I.E. a cave would have only air and so show a difference in the electronic balance, , A cave with a metal object would just react as it normally does.

It is up to you to think a bit, we are getting too spoiled in wanting our machines to do all of the work at dime store prices..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Jevgenijss

Jul 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808 , Aquascan MC5 PES /Aquapulse B1 , Fisher CZ 20 , Aqua Mag RS II , Troy Shadow X5
About two months ago I have seen new TM 808 - yes it came without cave mode regulator , but i think it's a little bit more stable now , I have did ground balance on it in short time , but previous TM-808 device was drive me crazy to do it.... Or maybe was unlucky detector...

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
I did confirm that the cave mode is no longer on the TM-808. Which I believe is a lost to the detector. I sense switched to discovery tf-900 and sold 2 at the show. Big lost for the Tm-808.

TIm

antonio

May 21, 2006
philippines
Detector(s) used
dowsing brass rods, TM-8o8 metal detector
hello!
is it possible for a 2-box detector like the 808 to detect caches on the side of a cliff (horizontal angle) w/ the same depth reading vertically ???
thankyou :)

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
It is possible, but you would have to hold the detector as level to the ground as possible. Auto mode would also help you.

Tim

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Functional said:
Good story Templar09.

I think I have the same sort of neighbors here. A little clueless and nosey.

Hope I never find myself that obsessed that I destroy my own property trying to find a cache. I'm still wondering though, what it was that was making his TM 808 keep beeping? Maybe he had an old subway line under his property?

I think that before I dug like that, I'd check to see if there wasn't some old structure down there.

F.
:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: Gol derned steel toe boots! They'll do it every time ::)

saherkteer

Sep 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a similar one but the problem is that its cant find more than 50cm deep
I don't know why
if you can help me
thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread