i need some of your hepl ....

zumx

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i play with md(garret ace 350) like 2 years now and i find some clay on field but only after is deep plowed
(()it was mine cousin field ,so was my all time play ground :) (i find couple 18st coins on it and some old nails) ())
so i bring some of wierd peaces of clay to museum ,they tell me this was prolly roof of rich roman farm house
(they find some flowers on one peace)
so i go back and do md on it ,and after couple days i have 6 roman coins (copper,bronze ,ugly lookin)
and in museum woomen tell me that was 70-100 year coin ,by head on coin ,and cause is damaged i can have them

so under that field is roman house and god know what not
but who knows where is she ,and how deep ((by my calc she was from 1/2m to 4-5 m))

so how to find walls of house (and rest interesting things) ,i go cheap ,and by lookin sat images she wasnt visible
next thing is to get something that can find it under ground ,but what ??
gpr ,magnetometer thing (like okm exp 4000) or ???
can you guys suggest something like bestbuy ,cheap but possible to find what i need ? (oh land is black earth)
to buy 10000$/€ device that wont be good ,or 2-3000€ that is a bit better from mine md (like jaohunter by reviews)

help

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you'd be better off finding a company that does ground scanning. I'm not sure I'd spend a bunch of money on a machine you won't use that much. And forget about Best Buy, just for the simple reason, there not the best buy, and they don't carry what your looking for.

More research, and then more, and then dig, dig, dig, till you find it. Just remember if it is as deep as you think, better get a bobcat too.:laughing7: Good Luck on the hunt my friend!

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You mentioned satellite images but did you use the Landsat 7 or 8 datasets?These datasets could possibly show outlines of old buildings and roads not visible from regular satellite imagery and are probably worth checking out if you haven't already.

OP
OP
Z

zumx

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did .still no go ,that field was wild pasture till 2 years ago so ....
i got offer from one corp GPR KS700 for 13k ,but never heard of it so ,is that one ok for this ??
to pinpoint walls and rest smaller objects ??

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Get all your friends together, grid off a promising area and just dig. You will know soon enough what you have found and save money...

OP
OP
Z

zumx

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea that will be just fine if field wasnt 4-5 acres big ,and clay is all over it
when he buy land he must use big tractors to clear land from bush
in end they plow land all over like 5-6x time to clear it
on end god knows where is base or source of that roof clay
just example ,i find one coin on beginning of field ,other on left corner and 2 somewhere in mid
if i knew cca 50x50 location i will dig it till now ,but "me not know" where to start :)

jwatkins

Greenie
Feb 17, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
We deploy multiple electromagnetic instruments that include EM31, EM38, EM61...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You dug it yet?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea that will be just fine if field wasnt 4-5 acres big ,and clay is all over it
when he buy land he must use big tractors to clear land from bush
in end they plow land all over like 5-6x time to clear it
on end god knows where is base or source of that roof clay
just example ,i find one coin on beginning of field ,other on left corner and 2 somewhere in mid
if i knew cca 50x50 location i will dig it till now ,but "me not know" where to start :)

Go to Google Earth and go down to about 2,000 ft. level to the ground. Find a photo map dated before 2001. The photos before 1999 work best because they are Infrared. Tilt your monitor screen back until almost dark and look from the lower left hand corner up the photo and you will be able to see the roads and the foundations, wells or anything else that have been on the property. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread