Ground Penetrating Radar

C

chard

jeff davis said:
They are still in business because there is a sucker born every minute. If there is anyone that hunts for treasure and obviously there are a lot of treasure hunters, when they are searching for the large hunt and need something to search deep into the ground, instantly they become a sucker for these scam machines. The people that buy them chalk it up to experience and the scam artist count their millions in their bank accounts. They should be sued and put out of business permanantly!

ok, so besides calling all of us treasure hunters suckers. What GPR are you talking about from Accurate Locators? I'm looking for real information here since I'm actually looking at spending some cash on equipment and just venting to vent doesn't do me any good.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yeah eric that documentary was pretty cool. it really put into perspective why the confederates took so many casualties at bloody lane despite being so heavily entrenched. that ground penatrating radar was way cool. saw a couple of guys on there finding bullets with fishers too. i would love to be able to hunt a spot like that. i wonder how you can get involved in archealogical digs like that?

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
hollowpointred: I am not sure how you get involved in digs like that. In the meantime I will stick to retreat routes and small skirmishes.

But the show did convince me that GPR is vastly improved from my late 1980s GPR .It made me realize I did not give GPR the proper credit. In all fairness I Know of 2 treasure recoveries that were a result of GPR (others,not mine).

I just don't think it is the most practical tool for the average treasure hunter.

Ericwt

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Hi Jeff:

I would be interested in getting more information regarding the electronics
you are using for your searches.

Thanks. I tried to PM you but got no reply.

Dinkydick

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
jeff davis said:
Thanks Deacon,

I found a 1622 piece of eight, a 1920 Mercury Dime, a 1964 Roosevelt Dime, yesterday; while trying my equipment out in a man's barber shop. They were skeptical and didn't believe it would work. I went out in the car and got it out of the trunk. The same barber eleven years ago, I found a silver bracelet he had lost when a boy. It was in two halves and about fifteen feet apart. I won him and his customers over, seeing the machine find his only silver. The mercury and Roosevelt time where in his desk drawer along with a stack of nickles. The Cobb Coin Company 1622 piece of eight was hidden behind junk on a window sill. He said he paid $500. for it when Mel Fisher was selling them. I wonder what Mel Fisher would have thought about me finding his piece of eight, twenty years later. The barber told me his father in law hid about $40,000 in gold coins near his property and his nephew signed a contract for me to find it. They say all of their family and their kin have looked for it since 1937. After, my demonstration being positive they signed an open end contract giving me one half when I find it. I have also put my hat in the ring to accept Carl Moreland's $25,000. challenge. I only hope I can be just as successful on his test. I would rather find the barber's gold it seems easier to find than the test. I guess I will find out today or tomorrow.

So how did the barber's hunt go for you Jeff? Did you find the cache?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thought I was on a dowsing-lrl forum for a while.You need to research something before you purchase. You need to understand how it works and most of all you need to understand what it is telling you. No instrument will preform if your not good at running it.

Cost means nothing. If you find gold with a $5 set of dowsing rods or a $50,000 dollar whatever you still found it. Remember there are many things out there that work for some and not others.

Keep an open mind and a tight grip on your wallet....Art

joe

Jun 7, 2004
jeff davis said:
I don't think they want us to give out brand names on this forum, especially LRL's. If you had read the dowsing forum before it was made for members only, you should have seen the brand. It was a popular model, but many say it never worked and there are those that say none of the LRL's work. I hope to prove them wrong as soon as I can make a large recovery of the treasures it has already found for me.

I hope you could post me on how could i made the LRL?( to find treasure on a big area and
pinpoint it with my P.I). 8)

joe

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Hi Jeff:

I wasn't referring to the LRL but to the statement you made in Reply #33.
My interests were in the additions you made to your purchased LRL not in the LRL itself.

Moderator: Would this be considered as advertisement of LRL's? If it is, I will withdraw my
inquiry.

Dinkydick

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Dinkydick said:
Moderator: Would this be considered as advertisement of LRL's? If it is, I will withdraw my
inquiry.

Dinkydick

Dinky... I'm sure if they thought it was out of line, you wouldn't have time to withdraw your post. Jeff is the fastest draw in the west when it comes to deleting inappropriate posts... LOL

Just ribbing ya Jeff... ;)

P

peg legged

I am a serious Treasure Hunter and have been been for over 50 years.
This is my problem. I KNOW within 25,000 square feet where gold bars were dropped. But there is 4 feet of mud and 7 feet of sand below 4 feet of running water.
I have heard most of the Pros and Cons about GPR's and the like.
My question is this.
WHAT WORKS?
The gold is in bars and with a total weight of 1200 pounds. It cannot go any deeper than 12 feet due to hardpan.
Now what do you reccomend?
Thanks
Peg Leg

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
Yep Donna, is RIGHT save your money folks! There is not a single GPR. GPP Gee wiz that willl discriminate properly. I had a friend use one and it said GOLD AH but it was IRON! BP

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
why would you go through all that effort to deploy this technology from hilltops?

It would be akin to using a fish finder from the river bank!

???

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
I just got back from the treasure show in Fort Worth. I am amazed what Mr. Bob Brewer has told me about using the Arc-Geo and the depth of target. If I am allowed I will post the information here. If not I will have it on my site soon. This is measured depth. Also mineralized soil post little problem for the Arc-Geo and TM-808!

Tim

P

peg legged

Years ago I was talking with a man that designed Detectors for the Navy at the Space Center. He said that I should construct a very large COIL-4ft x 8 ft. and put it between 2 sheets of plywood and seal the coil in.
He said that the power to operate this device was a 12 volt car battery. He had a heart attack and never finished the thing and his wife through eveything away.
I recall the old 2 BOX detector but it produced radition and was using a 12 volt car battery. The boxes were on a pole about 4 feet apart BUT did go very deep.
Is there anything out there like this or can anyone construct such a thing?
Thanks

dulak

Greenie
Mar 15, 2005
Greece
peg legged :
If you have time and want to find it, use an EM-83.
EM like Electro Magnetic
Old technology but going deep in earth (max 60 meters)
Price around $ 6000.

P

peg legged

Thanks for the info. I will look into this-I am just va country boy and know nothing about electric stuff. I could sell a couple of my Gold Escudos and go from there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread